Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't agree to the new tarrif!

posted by mazie | 2 months ago

SP has been messaging me to choose a new fixed tarrif but because there's only 2 weeks beteen the end of my old tarrif and me moving house I decided not to choose one. The place I am moving to only has electricity and my previous tarrfi was dual fuel so i thought I'd just let the tarrif expire and choose a new provider (or maybe stay with SP on a different tarrif) once I moved.

Today I chgecked on my account and it says i am on a new tarrif until mid-2019 and that there are exit penalties. How do i get this reversed please?

7 comments

posted by Davc | 2 months ago
Re: I didn't agree to the new tarrif!
If you move house or close your account there are no exit fees. Just ring them and explain the situation 0800 027 0072

Top answer

posted by mazie | 2 months ago

Thanks for the reply. I will ring them but it does say there are exit fees totalling £60

Highlighted

posted by  Chrisb | 2 months ago

Hi

SP can't move you onto a Fixed tariff with exit fees. Most likely you have been moved to a "Basic Fix" deal which will be one year with no exit fees and is now the new default tariff rather than a standard variable rate (the dates may be similar to another tariff open for sales). Either way no exit fees will be applied if you are leaving due to a home move as suggested. Hope this helps.

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

Hi Chrisb, tell us all more about the new Basic Fix default tariff. It is not listed in 'Our Tariffs' although the standard variable rate is still there. If  this is a new policy what are the  typical user costs? is it a 12 month tariff, and is it cheaper than SVR? So many questions and surprise that a change like this has not been announced. 

posted by hopey | A month ago

anyone know cotact number for scottish power.

posted by sollos2 | A month ago
total consumption for the year gas and electricity

what is my total con sumption of gas for the year up to now,and what is my total consumption of electricity forthe year up to now

posted by Davc | A month ago

Hi sorios , annual consumption is on page 2 of your bill in the section showing your tariff name and details.