cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

IHD stopped display Electric usage since my move to SP, still displays Gas

posted by changeableface | 5 days ago

Hi, 

Since triggering the move from Shell Energy to Scottish Power my current electrical usage no longer displays on my in-home display.  The display stopped working the day after I put in the transfer request on the 2nd of March and has not come back on since. 

Our transfer completed on the 22nd of March, and my GAS went offline for 24 hours but has since come back, so I assumed the same would be true of the electric - but alas, it's been 4 days and it has not reconnected. I guess my question is, is this expected? If so, how long till it sorts itself out, and if not, how might I go about reconnecting the unit? 

The IHD is currently 1m way from the meter with a clear line of sight, so I'm discounting any Wifi issues. It's also been reset twice daily in the hope that might do some magic.  

It was convenient to know when the house was using lots of electric as it often meant a TV or some such had been left on in another room, so would be keen to see this work again. 

Any constructive advice will be gratefully received. 

3 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 days ago
Re: IHD stopped display Electric usage since my move to SP, still displays Gas

@changeableface   It is quite often reported that the Displays dont work or show incomplete connection after transferring suppliers. There is nothing you can do, it is a firmware problem that should eventually be solved by an update from SP. 

Check that SP are getting your meter readings successfully, but you will have to wait until the emergency is over before you can do that.    You may have to supply manual readings.

Highlighted

posted by VJ | 5 days ago
Highlighted

posted by VJ | 5 days ago
Mine is for both dual fuel displaying nothing only date & time