Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Incorrect direct debit amount after changing it

posted by Kesha | 8 months ago

I had to change my diret debit amount from £110 a month to £59 a month because the 110 was innaccuretly estimated and i can't afford to spend over £50 more than i owe and have it just sit in credit that i can't get back so i even paid the fee to change it to £59 and realised today they've took £110 again!? how does that work!? i really can't afford to be having money taken that i don't owe and that i can't get refunded???? the app won't even let me log in so i can't access web chat and i refuse to wait for ages on the phone to get spoken poorly to by their customer service. I've had nothing but problem after problem with SP and its really really starting to stress me out. 

10 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
Re: Incorrect direct debit amount after changing it
@Kesha. I don’t know when you made the change but I guess it has to be a good time before the next DD is taken. It should be correct in January.
Highlighted

posted by laura2 | 4 months ago

having spoken to member of your staff 2 weeks ago and my direct debit is due to go up to£45*14 may i add am in isolation because of this virus tried to get in touch with my bank make sure right amount goes out they say they cannot do anything ovr phone,m ay i add bcause i have smart meter not taking correct readings paid £21 over phone hope this was not scam !!!!this is making it all very complecated plus many friends in same situation one letter says i shall have to fill in  electric meter as not working properly thats not my fault  hope to here asap as i am v confused to say the least 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@laura2   Sorry to hear that.   Your bank does not change direct debit amounts, they are managed,  changed,  and taken by your supplier.   Secondly, if your meter is not sending readings correctly you must read it yourself and then send in the reading. If you do not know how to do it you can ask a friend or relation for advice and help.   

Highlighted

posted by jackief | A week ago
I Just switched to SP as they estimated a monthly payment of less than £120. They then gave a dd of £138 after I was signed up. I changed my direct debit amount from £138 to £80 two weeks ago, using the app, but the dd about to go out is still £138. Have tried to change it again, this time to £100, for next time. But I have no confidence that this will work. I only switched to SP as they were cheaper than my old supplier, and now am paying more!
Highlighted

posted by Gillyallan | 3 days ago
Scottish Power is a mess just now. I changed my dd on the app from £110 to £100 but now both the app and website version say its £159.59. Tried again on website and stays at £159.
I did get email saying its £100 but going to have to contact them today.
Highlighted

posted by Gillyallan | 2 days ago
Jeez just phoned about above and they said it was set at £48. Dies anything actually work at Scottish Power?
Says he's changed it to £100 now but somehow I don't trust this will have happened
Highlighted

posted by Mr-Grumpy | 2 days ago

No, this is so typical of SP just noe, they can't seem to get anything right.

Of course they are blaming Covid 19, like every other laege company..

Highlighted

posted by Gillyallan | 2 days ago
Despite this morning the CS guy saying I'd get an email to confirm the £100 I've yet to receive this. Also on logging in it still states £159 on my account.
Highlighted

posted by Gillyallan | Yesterday
I was right to be sceptical of them fixing it yesterday. Decided I wasn't happy and went on live chat. They said my dd was set at £100 to leccy and 59.99 to gas. I explained I was combined at £110 but want it at £100. This one said OK can u give meter readings. I said no, I'm at work. Oh you have a smart meter I'll get them.
Time marched on...
There seems to be a technical problem I can't get your gas reading..... Then.... Is there anything else I can help with?
I said you haven't helped me with the 1st issue so bye.

Anyway I've come home went to website entered my meter readings and then went to change dd and it seems to have actually went to £100.

Really poor service though. I'm scared to touch anything on it now.