Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is this website always so S L O W

posted by dnpak38 | 4 months ago

Been with Scottish Power 2 days only and already decided to leave at the end of my contract.

Is this whole website always so rubbishy?

Do Customer Service never answer the phone?

Can anyone give me their e-mail address or a working link to a form on the site to contact them?

7 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Re: Is this website always so S L O W

https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Complaints/tkb-p/complaints

@dnpak38   The link above opens a chat session. The email is.    contactus@scottishpower.com. 

New customers have to give opening meter readings to customer services, after that the automated services will work.   0800 027 0072

Highlighted

Thanks for your response to the last part of my posting on getting answers from Scottish Power.

Going back to the first part of my post how do others find the speed of this forum and the rest of the website?

Re. the meter readings these already given otherwize one could not have got this far in becoming a customer.

posted by whiteowl | 4 months ago

Yes i find it very slow to load up. Chrome or edge doesn't matter. 

Highlighted

@dnpak38   The community has always been slow to load, and with 12000 items now it can only get slower. Surprisingly the search facility is fast and works well.  It would be good if people used the search tab to check their problem instead of asking questions that have been answered dozens of times, But that is wishful thinking. It would also be good if more people joined in with answers, it is free and quite addictive when you get into it.

As for the main SP site it is not too bad for response times, but SP's web management is notoriously poor, there are many out of date pages and broken links. 

Highlighted

You havn't said you are a SP emplyee but maybe you are.

You make this Community Forum not to be like anyother forum I'm a member of and not for customers to chat amonst themselves and help each other from their own experiences.

Highlighted

@dnpak38    I am a bored pensioner on a wet day. I have been doing this for 2 years and find it quite addictive, I have learned a LOT about what goes wrong with accounts and meters, but I have no connection at all with SP.   The trouble is SP are overloaded with complaints and they have a poor IT system. The introduction of smart meters means that customers have to get involved in the process, check if the meters are working, and send in readings if they do not work.  This is beyond the skills of many, and so ironically smart meters are causing massive problems when they should be making everything easier.   In the old days meter readers came, but now we all have to take care of that job and stay on top of our bills and readings.  

Highlighted

Thanks for explaining your situation. and how non tech SP is.

Well I will leave as soon as contract is up or a reason for out comes along.