Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Just moved to Scottish Power from prepaid - no way to see meter readings

posted by scottishpower36 | 9 months ago

Hi, I moved from a prepaid provider to Scottish Power about a month ago for gas and electric and don't seem to have an active meter in order to submit readings.

Under the prepaid method the traditional meters were switched off and a handset moniter was used to monitor usage and tell us when to top up. When we moved over, I assumed the old meters would reactivate but they are still blank, the handset monitor also now doesn't give accurate readings - its stopped recording electric usage at all. When I logged into our account there were opening readings from when we switched over - but where these came from I don't know. Is this something an engineer needs to sort or am I missing something?

2 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Re: Just moved to Scottish Power from prepaid - no way to see meter readings

@scottishpower36   Hi, its not clear what system you have, it sounds like smart meters with a hand held display. When you switch supplier the smart meters no longer transmit and the display may also stop working.  Look at your meters they will have buttons to press and display readings. If there is a number keypad use 9.  Then send the readings to SP by phoning 0800 027 0072.

Highlighted

posted by scottishpower36 | 9 months ago
Re: Just moved to Scottish Power from prepaid - no way to see meter readings
Hi Davc, pressing 9 on the meters shows the balances. Thanks so much for your help.