Highlighted

Leaving Scottish Power before tariff ends

posted by DavidF | 8 months ago
7 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by DavidF | 8 months ago
Re: Leaving Scottish Power before tariff ends
We are looking to leave our current tariff with Scottish Power, "Help beat cancer January 2020 Online". This ends on January 31st 2020. We have signed up to leave Scottish Power, if this switch happens prior to that date, will we be liable to a fee?
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
@DavidF. No fee you can leave up to 40 days before the tariff ends.
Highlighted

posted by Erchie | 8 months ago

I joined scot.power in october it`s now the end of january, when I joined I was told my energy would cost less (she would not tell me the unit price) she told me my smart meter would start working again so they have not asked for and I have not sent meter readings but they have recently asked for meter readings which I have sent and asked why they couldn`t read my meter and I got some B>S> story about not reading it until the end of february and they now want to put my direct debit up 61%  from £148.48 to £241.26 . So basically the sales lassie lied through her teeth and the proof will be on the recorded phone call. Can I leave Scottish power immediately ????

@Dizzy1952. Read the other comments in this thread. Clue: page 2 of your SP bill.
Highlighted

@Erchie. The size of your bill depends on how much power you use. The lady may have been telling you your unit rates were lower than before.
Highlighted

posted by shazza67 | 6 months ago
Hi I am considering leaving before my online fixed saver June 2020...will I have to pay a leaving fee?
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Leave after 20 May and then there is no fee