Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by briansnail | A year ago
Re: Live Chat

High time there was a live chat facility. Far more effective at explaining issues out of the everyday., especially if related to on line issues.

Highlighted

posted by Amanda99 | 11 months ago
Hi can you tell me why I can only see my electricity bill account and nothing to do with my gas ..???

posted by PaulKM | 10 months ago
One seems to have been provided but no-one seems to reply to their Standard of Performance time of 6 hours. At least that is the case with the Android App. What a waste of time!! Its really irritating as they take ages to answer the phone. Its always "We are currently experiencing high call volumes and apologise for the continued delay"....BLAH BLAH BLAH!

posted by vickyash | 9 months ago
I want to say that your company lie, I've had 3 calls from you in the last 6months about switching and I decided to go with it and even though the sales team promised me you take over debt under £500 when it came to the switch over I have spent 5 hours of my time chasing back and forth to be told you don't take on debt from other companies. So I have waisted time in contacting you and my current supplier when that should be your job. I think your company lie to get people switched over which is a very bad way of getting customers and very dishonest. I am fuming and if ever I hear of anyone thinking of going to Scottish power I will do my best to discourage them. Your are a dishonest and fony company and I will be taking this to watchdog!

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

I sympathise but did you make it clear from the start that you have a debt with your present supplier which SP would have to pay off for you? I would not expect any supplier to pay off debts to a third party. Normally you get a closing statement from the old supplier which has to be paid by you when you leave. 

posted by Liss | 9 months ago
Hey everyone just after a little help please.am new to this smart meter thing as only just got mine installed this Thursday I’ve put money on my account though the app but can’t see the credit on my smart meter and payment was approved.where do I find my credit I’ve just put on my account on smart meter is the question?

I have not used the prepayment system butmaybe it takes overnight before the credit reaches your property? Credit updates also seem not to work at weekends and bank holidays, like bank transfers.

posted by vickyash | 9 months ago
Yes I told them 3 times I had a debt with my current supplier to be told that you take on debs under £500 and I asked them on every call and specified about the debt I have and got told you would take over the debt, LIES is all I have heard from your company and I am taking this matter further as I had one day to go until I could cancel within the 14 days. Which luckily I just did but for someone vulnerable probably wouldn't realise this. Your company suck people in with their lies and then trap you. Kamel who I spoke to gave me his word you'd take over the debt and it's a load of lies. So yes I did on more than one occasion specify my debt and got told a load of crap. So watch this space I will be doing everything I can to let people know your a dishonest company.

posted by whiteowl | 9 months ago

I think you and SP are not on the same page. Yes you can switch supplier if you are in debt to old supplier under £500 for both gas and elec,  and on a repayment meter.  And if new supplier say's it will take you on. this is called Debt Assignment Protocol. If in debt less than 28 days you can switch it will be added to final bill. If more than this you cannot switch untill you have paid the debt off. If the debt is the suppliers fault ie  estimated it wrong it will be added to final bill and you can still switch. I dont know if you are on a prepayment meter if so  then you can ask new supplier to take on your debt with your supply. I  think this is where the confusion comes in with you and SP.

If you are not on a repayment meter you can still switch,if less than 28 days but your debt will be added to final bill off your old supplier., After this you have to pay bill before you can switch. If it is the old supplier's fault you are in debt, ie incorrect  bill  they cannot stop you. You then ask new supplier to take on your debt and supply.   

Thanks whiteowl vickyash did not say if it was PAYG but any normal customer should pay their debt before switching supplier.