Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Massive jump in usage one day

posted by Ash84 | 3 months ago
In my account under usage for June it shows a HUGE spike of more than £800. Our DD is less than £100 pm and this has always covered everything. When I break down by day it is showing this spike on one particular day. Surely this cannot be correct!!??
7 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Re: Massive jump in usage one day

@Ash84   It is not your bill, only a 'helpful' picture of your data that has gone  wrong.   You can ignore it and wait for SP to sort out their technology, one day. 

Highlighted

posted by fygfdfv | 3 months ago

I had this as well. Suddenly on a day in a June I apparently spent nearly £600 on energy. Ridiculous. Got onto their chat to get this ridiculous estimate taken off and their point was it would all get sorted with the next reading and bill. My point was I'd had a reading (smart meter) 7 days previously. After much forward and back I finally persuaded them to take a reading there and then to recalculate and hopefully remove the ridiculous estimate. Checked in this morning, new bill at around £60 but, wait for it, that ridiculous estimate for the one day in June now over £2000! They are so amateur and are either deliberate inflating  estimates or just incompetent.

Highlighted

posted by samkatey | 3 months ago
I went inline as I had an email to change my tariff. On 8th June my combined consumption was showing as over £2000! I’ve had an online chat and they said to disregard as it is a technical error on the app but it shows the same when I login on the website too! I’ve tried calling but no answer and have sent another message. I’ve read things online about them taking unexpected payments from accounts! I’m extremely worried about this! Anyone have any advice?
Highlighted

posted by Minhdoan | 3 months ago
It happen to me the app show massive electric used in June
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@Minhdoan   Don't worry about it, the app has got computer errors, it is not your bill. 

Highlighted

posted by millerman | 3 months ago
Me also, 2nd June massive jump in electricity then on 3rd even bigger spike in gas... phoned them up , they said it’s the app...that doesn’t help 🤔
Highlighted

posted by Minhdoan | 3 months ago
same to me as well it show exactly on my account from web and smart app and last 3 days show no energy used at all