Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Meter Reading on switchover

posted by Bob-Grant | 8 months ago
I'm switching to SP and the App is telling me to submit my meter readings, Gas and Elec but when I do it keeps telling me it's failed and to try again later. I went online to www site and managed to submit my elec reading but there is no link to enter a gas reading. Is this a sign of the poor support I can expect from SP? If so I might cancel the switch and go elsewhere🙄
11 comments
Highlighted

posted by Thetwodevils | 8 months ago
Re: Meter Reading on switchover
I had the same problem on change over my gas took 1 month extra to enter readings than electric due to previous company realeasing information on gas meter. As a precaution take a photo of a current reading so if you have problems with SP you can email them if you have to contact them also make sure you get billed correctly if you have a smart meter in your property gas is valued at metric (M3) if it is imperial the rate has to be converted
Highlighted

posted by ErosionOfTrust | 8 months ago
Same problem.but the requests to supply meter readings contain a link to a strange domain... met.lu.

Is it possible that someone is harvesting usernames and passwords?

I have also had an email today from my previous supplier... Detailing my new plan with them...

Please provide an email address to which I can forward evidence of my concerns
Highlighted

posted by ErosionOfTrust | 8 months ago
Small correction the dubious domain was mjt.lu

Also...

The meter reading page on the website... Where you enter your reading.. For me ,there are now 4 entries required for the electricity reading. 1 for gas.

The only way I can get past this is to put the same reading in 4 times
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

@ErosionOfTrust   .lu is in Luxemburg, definitely not SP. 

You can email SP at contactus@sottishpower.com  

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

@ErosionOfTrust   Just noticed your other commen: 4 boxes to fill.

Put your reading in the first box and fill the others with zeros. If you speak to SP you can request only one box to be displayed.

Highlighted

posted by ErosionOfTrust | 6 months ago

It would appear that I am unable to provide a meter reading. I have now tried a number of times. The system allows me to waste time and energy writing in my gas and electric reading then promptly says there has been a problem... And throws the data away.

the gas reading shown as previous ... Is the reading from the switchover point. There is no reading in the electricity previous reading box.

how do I get this fixed?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@ErosionOfTrust   Ring in your meter readings to 0800 027 0072. After the first readings you will be able to use the screens online. 

Highlighted

posted by weerab | 6 months ago

Why is it hard to find out the original meter readings u 1st supplied to Scottish Power when u moved home 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
@weerab. All the meter readings are on your bills online.