Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Reading on switchover

posted by Bob-Grant | 2 weeks ago
I'm switching to SP and the App is telling me to submit my meter readings, Gas and Elec but when I do it keeps telling me it's failed and to try again later. I went online to www site and managed to submit my elec reading but there is no link to enter a gas reading. Is this a sign of the poor support I can expect from SP? If so I might cancel the switch and go elsewhere🙄
5 comments

posted by Thetwodevils | 2 weeks ago
Re: Meter Reading on switchover
I had the same problem on change over my gas took 1 month extra to enter readings than electric due to previous company realeasing information on gas meter. As a precaution take a photo of a current reading so if you have problems with SP you can email them if you have to contact them also make sure you get billed correctly if you have a smart meter in your property gas is valued at metric (M3) if it is imperial the rate has to be converted

posted by ErosionOfTrust | 2 weeks ago
Same problem.but the requests to supply meter readings contain a link to a strange domain... met.lu.

Is it possible that someone is harvesting usernames and passwords?

I have also had an email today from my previous supplier... Detailing my new plan with them...

Please provide an email address to which I can forward evidence of my concerns

posted by ErosionOfTrust | 2 weeks ago
Small correction the dubious domain was mjt.lu

Also...

The meter reading page on the website... Where you enter your reading.. For me ,there are now 4 entries required for the electricity reading. 1 for gas.

The only way I can get past this is to put the same reading in 4 times

posted by Davc | 2 weeks ago

@ErosionOfTrust   .lu is in Luxemburg, definitely not SP. 

You can email SP at contactus@sottishpower.com  

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 weeks ago

@ErosionOfTrust   Just noticed your other commen: 4 boxes to fill.

Put your reading in the first box and fill the others with zeros. If you speak to SP you can request only one box to be displayed.