cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Meter Readings Wrong

posted by djc545 | A year ago

Hi everyone

Switched to ScottishPower on the 16th for both Gas and Electric.

Provided up to date meter readings as part of the switch.

I have now noticed though that if i go to the meter reading section in my account i have the gas showing the correct previous read date, but the electric is from June and showing a much lower reading than im currently on and what i provided.

Obviously if i update this reading with the new figures im going to get billed the difference - which i have already paid to previous supplier.

Thought i was only supposed to be billed from the switch date?

Suggestions welcome!

6 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Meter Readings Wrong

@djc545 @That is odd how would SP even know what your reading was last June?  You will have to talk to customer services on Monday. 0800 027 0072

Highlighted

posted by djc545 | A year ago

Thanks for the reply

Actually noticed that the reading on my account is 4 digits and mine are 5 as well so its serveral thousand units out at the moment

Will call them tomorrow!

Thanks

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

@djc545   Just a thought, would your electricity reading be correct if another digit was added?   it may be that the SP have got the correct reading but it is not fully displayed on your account screen (especially the app which has poor displays, the online internet account is better)

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

@SPSUCKYBCS   Where did the electric reading come from?  If it is wrong send in the correct reading.

Highlighted

posted by Rose | A month ago

I see in my account that my gas readings are on average £40 each month for the last 6 months .

But in April 2020 it is recorded as £86.30 ., when May £39.68  andJune was £38.75 .

I didn't do anything different in April  so there has to have been a glip in the readings .

Can someone advise me ? 

The telephone no. 0800 etc isnt available 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Rose   The values shown by the app have gone wrong and can be ignored. Only your full 5 page bill tells you what you really owe.