cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by winthrop | A year ago
Re: Meter Readings

posted by Delboy | A year ago

We  have the same problem. We have had the Smart Meter for over 18 months and all has been fine until about 3 months ago. Everytime I log in to my account it keeps saying we haven't provided meter readings or the last bill was estimated.  How can this be when we are on a smart meter, we shouldn't have to provide meter readings  and I can't see any  on the meter anyway.

At th moment we haven't a clue if we are on budget or over despite having the reader connected and sending them countless readings.

posted by jamkea | A year ago

My readings have been constantly consistent, I have had a Smart Meter fitted and suddenly my readings have rocketed and they have charged me over £324 and now say I am in debit after being £256 in credit.  I have had 3 conversations by telephone and am getting nowhere!  I am a widow and a pensioner and am really worried this is making me ill, I thought having a Smart Meter would mean no more getting down on my hands and knees to read the meter every month.  I am very disappointed with Scottish Power and now need to find who I go to for help with this matter.

posted by rrichard | A year ago

Ive just switched to Scottish power and already regretting it.  I have seen some of the biggest bills ever with this supplier, they didnt switch over correctly so my old supplier wasnt informed correctly (internally between suppliers) so there were probelms there too. I was told they had smart meters ready to go, despite various requests for one I have received absolutley no replies.  And to cap it all when I was speaking to my old supplier (SSE) and complaining the customer service guy I was speaking with told me he used to work for scottish power but left as it was very unprofessional and does not follow up on customer problems and always making mistakes, Which I now beleive to be true.

posted by dagdathecelt | A year ago
Have you had any joy with a response because I am in the same boat, just not as bad my gas meter reading is clearly wrong as they are claiming i have used as much in 3 months as I have in 6 years

posted by jamkea | A year ago

My meter also had a black display, I phoned Scottish Power and was told the meter'goes to sleep' so you have to press the buttons underneath the display I also checked the number with the monitor and it was the same.  Just ring Scottish Power if you have a problem I have had to phone several times, if there is a queue press the number you are told for them to ring you back, they have always rang me back.

Highlighted

posted by Susan5 | 12 months ago
If you have a complaint I think you can contact ofgem