Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by aliensrus | 3 months ago
Re: Meter details not on national database?
Update from me.
SP still haven't updated my meter type in the national database. It's been 2 months since I fifrst made the request. I called and chatted with them again last month and was told to wait a further 21 days for the database to be updated.

I made a formal complaint last month and I am waiting another 30 days to be able to escalate this to the ombudsman. SP haven't even responded to my complaint.

posted by LindaFedUpMedwa | A month ago
I’m at my wits end with this disgrace of a company! I’ve been trying to leave Scottish Power for 6 months but can’t because of a “letter” incorrectly listed on the national database!!!

And even now it’s still not raised because they don’t know how to do it.

Literally never had dealings with a company so incompetent I am telling everyone I know never ever to use them!! I’ve raised it to the ombudsman now it’s that ridiculous.

posted by Thetwodevils | A month ago

wow you are going to like this one , well i think we will start from the beginning  with Scottish Power . I was with them and decided to get a Smart meter in August 2017 but my tariff was coming to an end in December of that year so i looked around for a better deal and went to SSE. 

In that year with SSE our bills were getting very high so i told the family that we has to cut down on our fuel in the house as we were using to much as we only has so much money to use for fuel bills . we didn't go into debt but it was a struggle come November 2018 I said to the family I had to change the gas and electric again to another company as I could not afford the heating bills anymore . We moved back to Scottish Power.

I decided to pay monthly but on a fixed tariff they were asking £120 per month which I could afford , we got no bill for 3 months so we paid 3 x £120  and come January wow I get a bill for £700  with a note to say our monthly amount would be  £190 . I can afford that , i got on to them and was told nothing could be done as that was what it was work out over the months .

This was the hard part for my family and neighbours, we decided that we had to continue to pay and not go into debt but turn the heating OFF and we bought a colour gas heater and just heated one room over the winter and just used the gas for the combi for the shower to get washed and hot water . We also called the emergency gas to check to see if we had a leak in the house as I wanted to know why we got a bill for so much gas and contacted the neighbours to tell them they might have to vacate there homes as i might have a leak.

The emergency gas people came checked my house and all the neighbours ,all were fine but where and how was i using all the gas . By now i was getting frustrated and angry so much so tension and depression was setting in as money was nowhere and i could no afford to fund other bills . This point I had my first problem where I had a psychotic episode where i was put under section 32 for my own Health this lasted 3 weeks until they were satified i was fit to return home . But the winter was still here and we stll had no heating just the calor gas heater . I had loads of help of medical services which I can't thank enougt but againg April another bill £500+ just for the shower and tap water OMG . Help what are we going to do , i ended up in hosptial again sectioned another brakedown . how many time I tols Scottish Power there was someting wrong with my gas account or reading I don't know but please I hope this does not happen to you .

So I was reading a post on one of the pages and someone said I'm now sick of Scottish Power over they way they have handle my complait about there meter readings and there it was my problem.

Failed to register my meters to the dater base when I changed from Imperial meter to Smart Meter in August 2017 when I was with Scottish Power they changed our gas meter from the old 4 clock dial Imperial to the digital 5 meter reading m3 the reading are :-

1 unit of gas imperial =£0.89

1 unit of gas metric =£0.32  

please check have you got a meter with the M3 and not getting charged Imperial rates . We have just be giving a refund from both company to the total of £1243 and we are able to put our heating back on 

posted by daubs30 | A week ago
I’m having the same problem now I had my meter changed in July as I changed tariff but because my meter wasn’t update to the database the tariff I chose to switch to got cancelled (without my knowledge) and defaulted to a standard since then I’ve been having high bills due to having storage heaters in the property, tried to switch supply and SP won’t let the switch happen even the new company I wanted to switch to informed me that the meter was still! Not up dated
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@daubs30   Send SP an email to contactus@scottishpower.com

Give your name and account number and the reference number of your old meter (from old bills) and new meter (from latest bill) and say that the old meter was not registered on the national database and it is delaying your account changes.  Say that you need an economy 7 tariff for your storage heaters and the single-rate tariff you are on now is unsuitable for your home.  

It helps a lot to put everything in writing.  Good luck.