I am having the same issue. First Utility had my meter read 4 weeks ago but scottish powerless have not updated my account or say that it's not on the National data base. Gess who has to do all the chasing/phoning around. So now about to pay for the same gas twice?
Hi .fellow sufferers, I have tried twice to move to Sottpower and failed both times. My meter fitted before 2001 is not on the Database either and yetN Power has happily used it before 2013. and E ON before that back to 2001
I've been trying to move away from SP since December 2018 and everytime the new provider tries to take the electricity it says SP didn't allow it.
Standard message I get back from SP is that the MPAN details are incorrect, which is a load of rubbish because the provider has read it out multiple times to me and is 100% correct.
Multiple calls with multiple excuses from bars that should not have been on my account have been removed and old meters still registered to the address havent been removed. Again a load of rubbish,
Complaint raised as paying stupid amounts for standard rate electricty because I cant leave. Just waiting for my 30days grace so I can take it to ofgem.
I had a similar problem. Trying to switch supplier and I kept getting an error message that something needed to be rectified on the national database by Scottish Power. Rang the potential new supplier who was very helpful, checked the database and noticed a discrepancy (meter type was wrong). She told me to contact Scottish Power.
Sent an email to Scottish Power and was sent an auto response with an option to chat online to a support agent, so I decided to do so. Had to give my full name, address and account number. The agent checked my meter details on the database (install date, meter number and address). I then told him to specifically check the type of meter. It was showing as credit when I have a pre-payment meter. I had to send a photo of my meter (including the barcode) as "proof" that it is in fact a pre-payment meter.
The agent then made a request to update my meter details on the database and said it takes 30 days for the request to be completed. Let's see what happens next! Hopefully this will be helpful to someone else. Altogether I was on the chat for 45 minutes.