Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter rates reversed

posted by DJCsurf | 3 months ago
On my meter is shows R2 during the day and R1 overnight. Is there a way I can check that R2 is charging me the day rate and not the reduced night rate, as when I use my storage heaters it gets very expensive. Thanks
8 comments

posted by DaveD | 3 months ago
Re: Meter rates reversed
What Smart Meter do you have?

I don't have a smart meter. This is on the main meter.

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

You can check which is which by observing the meter in the day and in the night to see which is Recording. 

Ok what meter do you have, make, model number etc. to give me a clue? Normally R1 is the standard rate and R2 is any other rate (you actually can have more) so I'm inclined to think it has not been setup correctly but it does depend upon the equipment.

DaveD

Hi, thanks for replying.
The meter is an AMPY 5246C and during daytime the meter shows reading r2
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

So it seems r2 is your day rate.  Did you check that r1 is running after midnight? I agree with DaveD that r1 is normally your day rate, but setups can vary. 

Hi, sorry for the late reply. It appears that AMPY are now Landis + Gyr. The strange thing is that all the references to your meter model show it as being a single rate meter. Now AMPY when they were going may have modified the Landis + Gyr machine but who knows. I think I would be very tempted to get it checked but as is the way of things nowadays they will probably charge you for the privilege. Best I can come up with for the moment I'm afraid.

DaveD

Hi,
Thanks for offering advice, contacting customer service.
Cheers