Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter reading by company

posted by Blueowlnut | A year ago

Hi I had my meters read by the company that do it and they are not showing on my account...................WHY?

20 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: Meter reading by company

Hi @Blueowlnut, can I check when the meter readers visited your property to take the readings?

Hi yes last Tuesday 

Top answer

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago

Thanks for getting back to me @Blueowlnut. So would that have been Tuesday 9th Jan? There can sometimes be a delay in the meter readings being transferred into our billing system after being received from the meter reader.  I would allow until the end of this week (Friday 26th Jan) for them to show online.  

Thank you

posted by agenda | A year ago

A card from your representive asking to leave my meter readings in a window for 2 days.

is it not possible to give a day telling us they will call am or pm

I am not happy as this  tells people you are not at home

thank you 

Highlighted

posted by Flammable | A year ago

My meter was read by Scottish Power 09/01/2018. I asked the meter reader what to do if I received an email asking for the readings and he said to ignor it. Two days later I checked my account and the readings had been entered by the meter reader but I still got an email asking for the readings or the bill would be estimated. I ignored it as the meter reader told me and guess what, my bill is showing as estimated. Why?

posted by mickb | A year ago

I had a smart meter installed be eon but left soon afterwards due to them increasing their prices. I have repeatedly asked SP to carry out a site mete reading but nothing. Then they promised, they would come to remove and install their own as March 18 was the soonest. Still nothing, so I don't know if I'm paying too much or too little.

then today just received a two year fixed deal promise but the mi they payment is an increase of £40.

how can I use a comparison site if I don't know use age???

im fed up with SP. they promise everything but deliver absolutely nothing!!!

posted by MrsCav | A year ago

My meter was read nearly 2 weeks ago yet I have still had an email asking for meter reads ?  

posted by Hammyhound | A year ago

For anyone having problems about billing this is a part of a reply from Scottish Power I received regarding meter readings.  My question was why was my meter read estimated as the meter reader came out on that very same day.

This is their reply.

am sorry to inform you that we are not using the meter reader's read for the billing purpose. We are only sending the meter readers to check the functionality of the meter. I would request you to provide us the meter readings, so that we can provide you a revised bill and resolve the matter at the earliest.

So now we all know the meter readers dont come to read the meter now only to check you are not fiddling it even though he told me what the meter reading was  as well.  Waste of time