Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Ogunkoyamaria | A year ago
Re: Meter reading by company
I've been having problems with my metre reading it's saying that I own like £6,000 I've also been having issues with my electricity it keeps telling me that I'm in debt what do I do I'm starting to think I need to leave the company

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Maria, tell us some more, where does it tell you the electricity debt? and what reading is showing £6000?  Meter readings are just numbers, the cost in £ comes from your bills.

posted by kazkenn24 | A year ago

I find this all very interesting.

I received a text and letter requesting that I supply meter readings to a third party. No details given to identify that it was a genuine request, so I ignored both requests. 

This weekend I logged on to the Scottish Power app and there was a message saying I had submitted meter readings three days ago. I did NOT.

I work from home, No one has visited my property to take meter readings. And IF someone has visited my property, presumably they should leave a card to advise of this?

When I checked the meters, the readings were wrong! Vastly different.

The reason third party meter readers are employed I imagine, is to ensure that the meters are not being tampered with, or have any other issues, so I also assume that involves actually visiting the property to take these readings, otherwise WHAT IS THE POINT?

And under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should they fabricate meter readings rather than do what they are being paid for.

Hi Kaz, that is odd what you report. If your meters are outside they could have been read without you knowing about it. If the readings on your account are wrong then submit your own correct reading ASAP. You can do this on line or by telephone to SP. SP use Morrison to read meters as well as accepting readings direct from consumers. You can send in readings as often as you like and each time a new bill should be generated which you can view online in your account.

Hi Davc....

As soon as I spotted the discrepancy, I amended  the readings online. Of course I did. 

The point is that the company supposedly reading the meters were never at my property. I work from home, and the day readings were submitted, there were no visitors. A meter reader would have to ask for help to gain access to the meters where they are on our property.

Their job is to check the meters for tampering or other issues. They also take meter readings at the same time. If they are supposed to check the physical meters , why are they sending text messages and letters to customers requesting that they submit meter readings.? That implies that they have no intention of checking the meters. We all do submit readings as a matter of course via the website or the app when required. They submitted meter readings that were vastly different from the actual meter readings. The electricity reading was lower than the actual reading  and the gas  was higher than the actual reading........ so they can’t have been onsite to look at the meters at all. They submitted fabricated readings. Why is that OK?

Hi Kaz, I think you should report direct to SP that Morrison (presumably) have sent in false readings. SP will not react to this forum so unless you raise the issue no further action will result.  ( check that the false readings were labelled 'act' on your bill and not 'est')

Have complained to SP and Morrison. I don’t hold out much hope of a resolution, since we have had issue after issue with my account since we joined Scottish Power in Sept 2016, and we currently find ourselves in the position of being unable to leave because they can’t seem to resolve an issue with our meters. No one else will let us switch to them until SP have resolved our meter issue...... It’s frustrating. It’s distressing after all this time. And this latest with false readings being made on our account is the last straw.....

posted by quirkymate | 11 months ago
I see I am not the only one who submitted their meter readings, got a message saying "Thank you for submitting your meter readings", my account has not been updated and also now I have been slapped with an ESTIMATED Bill for x 3 of what I normally pay. Disgusting! I am having heart palpitations every time I receive an e-mail from these people. It seems that they either do this on purpose (there might people who won't fight this!) or someone very incompetent forgot to submit the readings to their bill department. Either way, disgusting!

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

Hi Quirky. It looks like your meter reading although acknowledged, did not go through. Stick at it, telephone in the reading and you will get a new bill with your correct information. The on line reading reporting system usually works well but giving an operator your readings is less open to error.

posted by janice3874 | 3 months ago

My meter reader told me i dint need to send my readingss as you would be notified the same day. But you are ssill asking for them