Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter readings not working

posted by Maxie_b | 10 months ago
Hi, I have just recently come out of fixed contract with SP. I noticed on my bill I have only estimates, so I called to ask why they were not using the Smart Meter they had provided. Apparently there is no record of providing me with a Smart Meter, so I needed to call back with the S/N. Obviously I now can’t call, but I am trying to move provider. Turns out my gas meter reading does not work, so I can’t get a reading.

I’m stuck with SP out of contract paying estimated bills and don’t want to renew contract as signed up with a new provider. I’m not sure what my solution is here as I really need to speak to someone but it’s not an emergency.

Any suggestions?
12 comments

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Re: Meter readings not working

@Maxie_b   The smart meters have buttons which you have to press to get a reading. The serial number of your meter will be printed on it, make a note and telephone or email it to SP.  contactus@scottishpower.com. 

posted by Gengis | 9 months ago

Mv meter readings not working, I think the battries are dead in the meter

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

@Gengis   Only gas meters have batteries, it could be that your screen is blank because you have not pressed the button on the gas meter to wake it up.    Display units have a battery also but they are normally left plugged in to a power supply.

Of course you are right, it is my gas meter and yes I have pressed the button.

posted by Janis | 9 months ago
I inform I haven't got gas, meter readings not working, nobody respond.
I have to look for new supplier and stop Direct Debit?

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

@Gengis    Request a battery replacement, send an email to. Contactus@scottishpower.com

Thank you for the suggestion, I have requested this.

posted by susan_safaie | 5 months ago
I find the same , what should I do?

posted by Maximuss15 | 5 months ago
I have received a e mail saying my smart meter is not working , but the gas reading is working any ideas most welcome