Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter readings.

posted by AnnaOL | 11 months ago
With Eon I had a smart meter, Scottish power won’t send me one to use. With that my meters are set up for smart meters and have numbers and an A and B button, how do I get my meter readings as I’ve pressed all buttons and nothing seems to happen. Why won’t Scottish power just send me a smart meter?
18 comments

Top answer

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Re: Meter readings.

@AnnaOL   The eon smart display should still show readings. If SP sent you a display unit it would not work with your eon meters.   You must go to the meters and take readings, button A gives the gas reading in cubic metres which is what SP need to calculate your bill.   If the gas meter does not show any readings at all it means its battery has run down. Request a new battery from eon. 

posted by Patriciaet2010 | 10 months ago
Re: Meter readings. for 10 Clarence House, Winchester Hill Romsey SO51 7NJ

I would like to give my meter readings as of today the 8th June, 2020   -  GAS 9976 Electricity 7259

Please achnowledge receipt of these readings!

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
@Patriciaet2010. Sorry this is the wrong place for your meter readings. Send an email to
Contactus@scottishpower.com

We are all customers on here.

posted by Patriciaet2010 | 10 months ago
Thanks Dave, I have now sent the readings to Contactus@scottishpower.com

posted by SJZ | 9 months ago
for some eon smart meters you need to press 9....

posted by Sugaree | 8 months ago

It is really, really important to send readings to this company, if you don't they'll come up with a ridiculous, and I mean really ridiculous, estimate. They estimated mine from 3565 to 733. Figure THAT out. In November EDF gave them 3149, months later they took a Smart reading of 3565 and 2 months later they made an estimate of 733.

posted by elmacarlyle | 6 months ago

When will I be getting this problem sorted just sick to the teeth with this all estimated bills £157. Every month I can't afford fed up phoning tx ing  emails always told to send readings as I said was always promised to get my readings done with one of yr college s that did not last long. I managed to get meter read sent them in with no response. It's time this was sorted or I will go & seek professional help   Mrs Carlyle 

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@elmacarlyle   You must read your own meter, or get a friend or neighbour to help you.  Send in meter readings regularly ( once a month) and you will not get estimated readings. 

posted by Steelypies64 | 5 months ago
Ji .I've had 2 txs from Scottish power .after I switched from boost .I had a smart meter .so how do I take meter readings if I've not got any meters.they told me I'm on a fixed rate of £37 a month .I'm just wondering why do I need meter readings if I'm on a fixed rate .my smart meter is turned of now .can anyone help .because I've got mental health issues. And I got talked into changing there and then at my front door .when I wasn't expecting it. And I didnt have time to c if boost was cheaper than Scottish power. Ur phone calls are recorded .if u listen to me getting asked to change .I think the guy knew I wasnt sure .so in my mind he was putting words into my mouth .plus I had about £24 in my gas at time .and about £14 in my electricity. So what's happening with that .