Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter readings

posted by Centaur | 4 months ago
About 2 weeks ago our meters were read by an official meter reader as they were last year but the relevant bills were based on an "estimated reading ", why?
10 comments

Top answer

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Re: Meter readings
I think the meter reader was checking the meter for safety and tampering. They have to do this as a statutory duty. Just send in your readings as normal.

posted by Centaur | 4 months ago
Ah,, that makes sense, cheers!

posted by Haniffa | 4 months ago

Hi i enter wrong meter reding

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Hi, if you entered a wrong reading ring SP and explain, they can make a correction. 0800 027 0072

Highlighted

posted by ewanm | 3 months ago

why when you have smart meters for 1 year 5 months now do i still have to submit meter readings? also why has my direct debit rocketed from £72 permonth to £127 per month even though my usage is almost the same????

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Hi Ewan, Your smart meters are obviously not transmitting successfully and you are being charged on the basis of estimates.  First send in an actual reading to get an accurate bill. Second check in your online account in the 'My Details' section. There you can set the frequency of transmission. It is probably set at monthly now and has little cjhance of getting through. Set it to haf hourly which is the most frequent option.

For sending a reading you can use the IHD which should display meter readings, but if it is not working you must read the actual meters. The gas meter requires you to press buttons to show a reading.

posted by justine | 3 months ago

I've transferred to yourselves from Extra Energy,you've emailed me for Meter readings but how do I do this when I have a smart meter from my previous supplier?.

I've been trying for over a week now to get through to Customer service by phone and it's just impossible,I left Scottish Power previously due to poor Customer Service and it would seem that things haven't improved since.

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Hi Justine

https://www.smartme.co.uk/documents/Smart%20guide%20draft%20(digital)%20v1.pdf

This is the link telling you how to take readings from Extra Energy smart meters.

posted by MikeScottish | A month ago

Tried to submit my meter readings this morning and keep getting an advert for boiler cover followed by a message stating "we are sorry you are leaving us".

What is going on?