Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 3 years ago
Re: Morrisons read meter

@parkinson    Not sure what your question is, but yes Morrison Data check the meters on behalf of SP. You can still send your own readings direct to SP. 

posted by GrahamIrvine | 10 months ago

My Elcitric metter was 08715

My  gas metter rading s 2350

posted by DavC1 | 10 months ago

@GrahamIrvine   Don't tell this Community. tell customer services.  Good Luck

posted by keneee | 8 months ago

night reading 3816 day reading 6610

posted by keneee | 8 months ago

youve got my email i would like to see youve got my meter reading if you dont let me know ill be using  another suplyer and dont keep sending lie mail eg weve send you and this is your reminder i have allways paid bills when recieve them so carry on and u can get lost ill be leaving mr keen

posted by Hollyhock22 | 7 days ago

I am a disabled pensioner got morrison meter reader to my house nearly brayed my front door in  He said he had a right to enter my home . I had my hairdresser washing my hair  at that time it was soaking wet he insisted on comming in my home i told him i wanted him to call back he had a very nasty attitude and said my electric meter must be read then when he was here i asked him to wait at my front door when i looked around he had come in my home right into my kitchen . He was rude and it was frightening . I never want to see these people again !I was bullied by this man very frightening 

posted by DavC1 | 7 days ago

@Hollyhock22   Sorry to hear about an aggressive meter reader, but they do have a legal right to look at the meter, and think of the poor chap with a daily quota to meet, being refused because your hair was wet, I would have been annoyed if I had been the meter reader.  Next time the thing to say is, yes please come in and read my meter. 

posted by scott1 | 7 days ago

I object to the gas meter reader, he wants to go through my house to get to the back off the property, he has no obstruction in his way to walk round the back but would prefer the short cut.
from the web..
Legally you only need to allow them every 2 years. If you refuse at that point they can get a court order to force entry (the meter legally remains the property of the energy company and by using it you agree to allowing them entry to read in every 2 years , so the court order is very easy to get

posted by DavC1 | 7 days ago

@scott1     Usually the visit is only to check for any meter tampering.   People often think that a reading has been taken,  but in fact you still have to send meter readings unless you have a smart meter.     Older people still think meter readers will call once or twice a year, but those days have gone.   Customers are expected to send their meter readings to keep their accounts in order and to create accurate bills.