Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to aboard

posted by Janviskup | 3 months ago

Hi,

I will move to aboar to while ( to EU ). I could be support my friends from sharehouse. I leaved three years this house. I have Smart Meter from Scottish Power. Can I change SmartMeter to Prepayment meter ? How many will days cancel account us best time ? There is some credit us well.

4 comments

posted by DavC1 | 3 months ago
Re: Move to aboard

@Janviskup   Speak to customer services on Monday.  0800 027 0072

posted by Janviskup | 3 months ago
I spoken with hotline every day last week.
Useless 😭 one man say yes, second no.
One said: we get you appointment date, second said: impossible
One said : 28 days, one week, two days
They promised a lot, not effective

Top answer

posted by DavC1 | 3 months ago

@Janviskup   It might be easier if you get another person to take over your account. Tell SP that you are leaving the property, and give contact details for the new account holder.  That will be quickerthan trying to get the meter changed .  It is better to do this in writing to contactus@scottishpower.com  

posted by Janviskup | 2 months ago
So, propably success finish.

1/ You can not change Smart Meter to Prepaymnet meter with card, but you can change servis from debit payment to servis Pay as you go. You use prepayment servis us use App.
2/ Best time is 20 days, because maximum is 20 days send to you Pay Cheque.

My advice: Cancel account us move out house ( there is online form in your account ). Last day report status meter before end. New account make with new name ( man stays in house, says he moves in) . New contract has to servis Pay as you go.