Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My energy usage figures in the App.

posted by Beerlover | A month ago
Does the actual value figures include the daily charges?
7 comments

Top answer

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: My energy usage figures in the App.

@Beerlover   The costs shown on the display are supposed to be the same as your energy tariff details, so they should include the daily standing charge. Often the tariff details are wrong and the costs on your display may not be the same as your bill calculation which is worked out on the SP computer. The display costs should be seen as a rough idea of costs. 

posted by Beerlover | A month ago
Thanks Davec.
Pretty much what I thought. It would be nice if SP could confirm this.

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Beerlover  Thanks for making the reply a solution. SP can certainly confirm that. The display is just a version of your costs calculated locally.  The customer service agents are  good but not all are aware how the smart system works in detail.  The other aspect is the display does not send any data, so if it fails you can turn it off and the meters will continue to connect successfully.  The meters only record kWh and m3 and have no cost data, all the cost data for your bill is calculated centrally by SP.  The costs calculated by the display are supposed to reflect your tariff, which is supposed to be regularly updated, but this is the weakest aspect of performance and is often not updated. You can trust the kWh and m3 data but not the costs on the display. 

posted by Newby | A month ago

Well finally switched account from Shell energy who are crap to SP. Only did this as they bigger and appear cheaper. Big name does not mean good app or good service. Cannot now use hub for daily reading regarding cost of either energy as not compatible. Does anyone have the calculation so l can work out myself my daily cost for gas and electricity ?? I thought of contacting SP but reading the replies posted it would appear that l would be wasting my time.😂

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@Newby    Your Display will show readings, kWh for electric and m3 for gas.  Your bills tell you the unit costs which are generally about 18p for electric and 4p for gas, so you can work out approximate costs. Hope this helps. 

posted by Newby | 4 weeks ago

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. My problem comes about by not receiving any bills. I read the  meters every day  so l know it's easy just to subtract numbers.  I am trying to find out the cost of 1x kw and 1 x m3 but l feel the gas rate may be harder to find out. 

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@Newby    The bills are in your account when you sign in   Send in a meter reading to get a new bill if there are no recent ones.