Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My meter didn’t take my debits after I inserted my key

posted by Haoyang | A week ago
I am using pay as you go schedule for my electricity since year 2015,by the reason of the Covid-19 breakout, I want to stay more time at home, so I tried to top up 300 pounds for my electricity, I top up 98 pounds by 23th March and made my balance to 109 pounds, and today I top up 198 pounds to my key at pay point, but after I inserted my key to my meter, the balance didn’t change, I tried more times to insert my key, but nothing happened, the screen shows key has already accepted.

My key is a very old one, before I bought my flat, it was there, and I never change it, I received a new key about three years ago, but I never use it, I also tried this new key today, it can be used but after that, my old key can’t accept any more, the screen on the meter shows error D4 and D6, please help me to solve this problem, much appreciated, I have remained the payment receipts.
2 comments

posted by Davc | A week ago
Re: My meter didn’t take my debits after I inserted my key
Read the PAYG pages on the website. The meter has a limit to the credit it can store so you are trying to put too much credit on. Wait a few weeks and try again.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago
Re: My meter didn’t take my debits after I inserted my key
It’s wrong that you tried to use the new key. If you take both keys to the shop they might be able to take the credit off the old key and put it on the new key. If not you will have to ask customer service when it is available again.