Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My smart metre work has never worked

posted by laura_mb30 | 9 months ago
I had my smart metre installed in November and the engineer left it not set up saying it was simple to follow a YouTube tutorial, though there is no tutorial on set up, it won’t connect to any network, I can’t change the time setting, it is not telling me any information at all, how am I meant to set up the metre?
6 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Re: My smart metre work has never worked

@laura_mb30   You are talking about your display not the meter.  Only installers can pair your display to your meter so it sounds like you had a very lazy installer, terrible. 

Highlighted

posted by Moggy | 6 months ago
Re: My smart metre used to work until i changed supplier then decided to come back now doesnt work

Ive now had my Smart metre in now for the past 3 yrs could be more and im still getting itemised bills ..The amount of times ive phoned to get it resolved but being fobbed off and saying in my area have problems never had any problems before i changed my supplier but when i dicided to go back with scottish power there now saying they never put the metre in which is not true ive had it in and fitted by scottish power so when i say i need a smart metre all im getting from them is that i already have one fitted in my home  but still getting itemised bills they must owe me a fortune in over payments im paying to them cos i hardly use my electric and gas they need to get there act together and stop wripping customers off i need some one out to check the metre they fitted and resolve the problem im sure i wont be the first or last bet there is a lot more customers than me having the same problems 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@Moggy   Sorry you have had a lot of hassle. Sometimes Smart meters do not send their readings successfully. SP should put it right for you. In the meantime it would be a very good idea for you to read your meters and send in the readings to SP, you would then get a correct and up to date bill.

Highlighted

posted by David160264 | 6 months ago
mine worked until I changed supplier. I came back to scottish power gas works electric has not for months. Now my Bill's are through the roof so not happy
Highlighted

posted by Westhamf | 5 months ago
My smartmeter seems to be working as i update my bill regularly and my bill reflects my past tariff changes. However my miniminder is a waste of time. This was supposed to help me save money but it does not work correctly. Scottish Power have over the last 9 MONTHS given various reasons that leads me to believe they dont know how or are not bothered to rectify the problem. Frustrated.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
@westhamfan. I guess your mini gadget is the display unit. There are so many meters and so many upgrades that nobody knows how to make them all work reliably. It’s good the real meter is ok, you can unplug the display and put it away.