Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO GAS HELP!!!

posted by charlierhodes99 | 3 years ago
Ok so I should have switched over from my old supplier to Scottish power on the 27th. My meter isn’t compatible with their system it’s A first generation smart meter. I was advised to use my “emergency credit” but due to having credit with my old supplier already it let me use that but no emergency as that credit belongs to AVID ENERGY so today I called and was advised someone will come fit a top up meter this was 8am engineer will be here 4 hours so come 1 o’clock someone came with a top up card to switch my gas and electric back on. He soon realized that he couldn’t. He advised me to ring up Scottish power to make another appointment, so I did. But nothing got arranged. So all day since 4am me and my 8 week old baby have NO GAS OR ELECTRIC. I called up 5.30 when this engineer didn’t turn up to be advised id have to wait another 4 hours for a engineer to come fit a electric box but can’t fit gas I have to ring national grid. So I called national grid and they said it’s down to Scottish power to sort. So now I have electric yes, but no gas and me and my 8 week old baby is freezing.
17 comments

posted by abdi2019 | 2 years ago
Re: NO GAS HELP!!!
I switch from sse. We didn’t have gas since yesterday. I aid £30 online, still no gas. I tried all yesterday evening by calling your company, it was impossible to speak to anyone, I really regretted choosing your company. Now I cannot get gas from my old supplier. I don’t know what to do.

posted by Jonathon1 | 2 years ago
iv had my machine replaced twice in a month... my card wont work... I'm sick of this... I'm going back to my old supplier... I suggest u all do the same 👌🏽

posted by Davc | 2 years ago

@Jonathon1     Hi thanks for the message, nothing we can do for you but customer services will open tomorrow. 0800 027 0072. 

posted by stevek | 2 years ago

i think i now regret changing companys because i have no gas now and its cold  what a joke 

you cant chat to any 1  and cant get no help thats very bad its winter 

@charlierhodes99 wrote:
Ok so I should have switched over from my old supplier to Scottish power on the 27th. My meter isn’t compatible with their system it’s A first generation smart meter. I was advised to use my “emergency credit” but due to having credit with my old supplier already it let me use that but no emergency as that credit belongs to AVID ENERGY so today I called and was advised someone will come fit a top up meter this was 8am engineer will be here 4 hours so come 1 o’clock someone came with a top up card to switch my gas and electric back on. He soon realized that he couldn’t. He advised me to ring up Scottish power to make another appointment, so I did. But nothing got arranged. So all day since 4am me and my 8 week old baby have NO GAS OR ELECTRIC. I called up 5.30 when this engineer didn’t turn up to be advised id have to wait another 4 hours for a engineer to come fit a electric box but can’t fit gas I have to ring national grid. So I called national grid and they said it’s down to Scottish power to sort. So now I have electric yes, but no gas and me and my 8 week old baby is freezing.

posted by wariombario | A year ago
same condition my card stopped working and they won't replace it, we are freezing to death

posted by Claire43 | A year ago
I have phoned up today and told them I've had no gas for days they said they would send an engineer out that was at 3 o'clock to I phoned back they said he will be on his way tried numerous times to say they were busy call back later I called back now there closed and I'm in really bad health and I'm freezing please help as this is a joke asking for help and getting lied to

posted by Davc | A year ago

@Claire43   these are not normal times, he will come.

posted by khanmoseeb | A year ago
Scottish power was supposed to takeover from my old supplier yesterday as the said to me 3 weeks ago, sadly there is no gas in my house and its sunday and I can't get through anyone and I am left with no gas at all with to small kids

posted by JozefT | A year ago

I dont understand. Few month ago I called Scottish Power and moved gas and electricity to them. Today we have no gas and I cant find our Gas account in the online account, only the electricity. Is it possible they never activated the gas account? We clearly chose a tarif for gas and electricity. Anyone had the same? Calling them first thing morning, but is too bad no warm water.