Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer/Problem with duration of tariff

posted by pdallow | 6 months ago

I am in the process of switching to SP. As I understood, my tariff is fixed until April 2019

Thank you for choosing ScottishPower. By switching to us, you'll save yourself an estimated £95.93* a year on your energy bills.
Now that you've selected our Super Saver April 2019 v2 tariff, you'll enjoy guaranteed fixed energy prices^ until 30th April 2019

When I login to my account however, it shows this:

Super Saver April 2019 V2

fixes your prices until 31st August 2018*.

Can anyone explain?

Peter

16 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: New Customer/Problem with duration of tariff

That is definitely a mistake, don’t worry, but it should not happen like that. You can check the date prices are fixed until in the tariff information section for your deal, it should confirm Apr 2019. 

posted by pdallow | 6 months ago

Many thanks for your reply. As I said, the tariff section of my account (online) still says:

our tariff is:

Super Saver April 2019 V2

fixes your prices until 31st August 2018*. As you’re an Online Energy customer, you are required to manage your account online, where you can give us regular meter readings to help ensure you get more accurate bills. You must follow the rules for the use of the Online Energy .

I'll give customer services a ring and confirm that it is an error (or not).

posted by Iainsuz | 6 months ago
Don't go with scottish power they have been taking my payments out dd for years and just sent me a gas bill from Dec 20q6 to present date and I have a smart meter

posted by Janiceusher | 5 months ago
Hi can you keep my account the same as I fix my tariff

posted by Keepfit70 | A week ago
I have been with Scottish power for quite a long time but, last year I went onto Go Compare as you were increasing my monthly payments by approx. £20. I then found as a new customer you were the most reasonable, So I came back to you almost paying the same as previously. I asked why my account was still the same account no., as I was a new customer. I have once been charged incorrectly, but said leave the amount for this month as it had already gone through my bank. It did go back to the normal charge the following month. Now I have received another mail saying it is going up to over £60 again. P,ease can you help me.

I have just checked my account and the price was fixed until May 2019. So why have I now got a mail saying it is going to rise to approx. £69 monthly.

Thank you. It must be a mistake and I think it was because I never had my account number changed, even though I had left and come back as a new customer.

Please will someone confirm my mail from you is incorrect and the increase in energy should not have gone up by more than £20 when I am on a fixed price tarif until May 2019. 

I am on a fixed price tarif until May 2019. So obviously my account should not increase. I am not on a Super Saver April 2019 2