Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - No response to emails - Unable to submit meter readings - Not sure if I even switched

posted by lewbut | 3 months ago

What on earth... 

I have never been onboarded by any service provider, of any description with such a painful lack of anything (contact/welcome/direction), also the feeling of being completely lost in a complexed, dark, foreign maze.

Onboarding is not the correct term for my experience. It's better suited to what is expected and actually required from both parties actually.

Thanks?

7 comments

posted by JSallis | 3 months ago
Re: New customer - No response to emails - Unable to submit meter readings - Not sure if I even swit

I had the exact same experience. From the date I switched, it was a three week wait for Scottish Power to take over the supply. In this time, I received no confirmation that the switch was going ahead (not even a confirmation email after I applied for the switch online), no access to any online facilities and only 2-3 days after the switch took place did I recieve details on how to log into my new account. In the end I actually called Scottish Power to confirm that it was actually going ahead and that was the only way that it was confirmed to me.

I did recieve however recieve emails asking for me to recommend my friends....during that 3 week period.

I also received a bill for 128GBP for my first 4 days of supply, which is a new and interesting challange to deal with.

posted by Fls | A month ago
Re: New customer - No response to emails - Unable to submit meter readings - Not sure if I even swit
Im sorry but not surprised to see others with same experience!
Jsallis I also got a crazy bill , £144 for the first 7 days.
It took me 3 attempts for SP to show my address correctly, I got an email addressed to the wrong person, I have numerous completely non-sensical emails throughout correspondence and safe to say i switched away from SP within weeks of signing up!
Trying to deal with the final bill now contesting that first calculation, nightmare.

posted by Fls | A month ago

So i have finally had success in getting my bill corrected.  After gettng my old supplier involved!

JSallis you might be advised to check the readings SP are using for the beginning of your time with SP because it turns out they basically made mine up.

I worked out what i actually owe and i have now received an email showing the same, still going to escalate the complaint though because i was constantly being threatened with debt collectors

posted by mikemcg | A month ago

Yes , these guys are a total joke , nearly as bad as EoN , I think all of these big suppliers are a waste of time , they use Covid as an excuse - a 2 hour wait for a phone back is pathetic , if you had to wait 2 hours in a queue for a supermarket or a petrol station you would go elsewhere . Of course the official watchdog is powerless to do anything .

posted by deegee | 4 weeks ago

Also in same boat!  transfered to SP from Yorkshire when it collapsed.  In 4 months have had 11 statements, 10 cancelled and latest one totally incorrect.  They have used incorrect readings, incorrect charges and reversed my day and nightime readings twice.  Have just requested latest statement be posted to me as 50% of online statements will not open.

What did I get......................3 statements ranging from £600+ DEBIT, near £700 CREDIT and £760+ CREDIT.

I have spent hours hanging on telephone, emailing, etc.  Have even demonstrated line by line what the bill should be.

When is this farse going to end?

posted by DavC1 | 4 weeks ago

@deegee   Unbelievable, you have been unlucky to talk to inexperienced customer service people. Keep trying. 

posted by potzy | 4 weeks ago

Run away whilst you can - Scottish Power are hands down THE worst energy company I have EVER dealt with in my 53 years. Let me advise you to take photographic screenshots of everything you are presented in your account screens - it's a lottery what information you'll receive upon each login! As a former Yorkshire Energy customer, I'm sure I speak for thousands when I tell you it took over 10 weeks to set up my online account, 4 months to have my YE balance credited back to me, numerous fruitless chats with indian call centre staff and not a single phone call returned. I have no idea how this company still exists!