Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - can't provide first meter reading

posted by ParksidePeter | 5 months ago

SP started to take over my supply last week. 

My account asks for meter readings but does not accept them. 

The meter reading facility does not load when I try to use the ap.

I already have smart meters so this should really be a piece of p***. Why is it so difficult?

Why is the communication so poor?

4 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
Re: New customer - can't provide first meter reading

Hi Peter, you have probably heard that smart meters do not transmit when you change supplier. Telephone your readings to 0800 027 0072. 

posted by ParksidePeter | 5 months ago
Thanks Davec.
I rang and gave the readings. I was told that sometimes first readings don't go in, which I suspect means that all first readings don't go in as the system can't cope with readings when there aren't any previous readings.
But really SP should email new customers if they want readings. Not leave it to chance that the new customer might look at the website. Then they could have said that the readings should be passed by phone because the website isn't programmed to deal with them.

posted by Allietro | 5 months ago

I have had the same, although now ive logged on again and my meter readings are on my account but nothig like the readings that i have.

I finished with British Gas and have my final meter readings so why are my first readings on here so high and how have they got them?

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
One person reported that new customer first readings need to be telephoned. The online system does not work the first time. If your readings are wrong then telephone in with the correct ones. 0800 027 0072