Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by comeondarlo | 3 years ago
Re: New customer - cant get hold of anyone at Scottish power

Same issues basically, switched to SP but my previous company (Solarplicity) are still taking direct debit; so I’m basically paying twice!

I got through to Solarplicity and they tell me that they are still supplying me. So spend all day today trying to ring SP, no answer and just cuts off after about 35 minute. Not sure what to do!

posted by whiteowl | 3 years ago

Any one tried the round green  icon  with a white page, i think, in the bottom right hand corner  of this forum. It says you can message them and they will reply in a few minutes.  Does this happen.

posted by carolwaites | 3 years ago

I feel sorry for you that recently switched to Scottish Power. They are the worst company, 

I moved into a house recently so I didnt have a choice. It took Scottish Power 9 weeks to resolve my issue, which was there error and made me not being able to switch for 8 weeks. Meaning I was paying more (on standard tariff) for 2 month.

I've recently moved to EDF who are ten times better. I pay £64 a month for gas and eletric in a 4 bedroom house with 2 adult and 3 bi-weekend children.

Get out if you can.

posted by Angie4 | 2 years ago
Appalling service. I have just joined 1 week ago and provided both readings but my online account is only showing Gas. Tried re-submitting but get the same error message. Tried submitting through the app but that doesn't work. Currently on hold for app online chat, 51 minutes so far! so much for messages will be answered in a few minutes. Tried phoning and that says they are too busy phone back later then it cuts off. How are we supposed to speak to someone!

posted by Davc | 2 years ago

@Angie4    Everyone says it is frustrating, early morning is the best time to get through on the phone.  

If both your meter readings were accepted then it is probably alright even if only one is being displayed. Try your internet account to sign in, the app is pretty useless.

posted by Angie4 | 2 years ago

It doesn't work on the online account either.  Just noticed one of the welcome emails says I'm on a smart meter for electricity, which i'm not, so that will mess things up! wish i'd stayed with E-On.

posted by Nath39 | 2 years ago

Also having the same issue, there phone system is cutting me off, the app doesnt seem to give me the option to chat, it just wants readings, and they want three electricity readings, but i only have one showing on my meter. Not great for new cutomers Scottish Power!!!

@Nath39     Put your meter reading in the first box and fill the other two boxes with zeros. 

I know it’s a rubbish setup but SP are not good with technology 

posted by Autumntop | 2 years ago

I haven't submitted my Electricity readings but have only completed the first row.

This is a new account.  I input my Gas Reading, which are 4 numbers and when I tried to submit it, I am told it must have 5 digits.  I went to read my meter again and the fifth one was in RED (never had to include it before).  I then watched the video on how to read my meter and it said - put nothing after decimal point (RED) and if there are any zeros at the beginning, ignore them, so if you have just four figures just input the four figures, which I did and had always done.   The link to the SP helpline which they gave me gives a 404 error!  

Not sure what to do now unless I just cancel this new contract while I can.

@Autumntop   Meter reading inputs need all the boxes to be filled. You put zeros at the beginning of the reading.  So 1234 becomes 01234. 

All energy supplier systems work like that, nothing special about Scottish Power.