Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Refund and my Complaint being ignored, agreed actions not actioned, months of failure

posted by Business | A week ago

Please can someone contact me to tell me what is happening with a refund request that started months ago. Eventually I set a complaint going on the 20th February and its now April 12th. There have been a number of actions to get the refund of around £2600 refunded as agreed by Scottish Power but then nothing happens. Over and over. Customer services will not deal with it because its being dealt with the the complaints department, they refuse to put me through to Complaints on the telephone, and my emails are being ignored and their scheduled phone calls to me are not being made.

3 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | A week ago
Re: No Refund and my Complaint being ignored, agreed actions not actioned, months of failure

Hello Business. Sorry but the community cannot help with individual cases like yours. I think maybe you should write recorded delivery to SP giving complaint reference numbers and the full history of your claim. Beyond that perhaps a solicitor's letter might work. SP are overwhelmed with such cases and it is pot luck when yours comes to the top of the pile to be dealt with.

posted by parmenter726 | A week ago
Re: No Refund and my Complaint being ignored, agreed actions not actioned, months of failure

It seems that SP does not do anything for their customers. I requested a single rate meter last september and still not got one. I did have heating that needed economy 7 but that went  last Sept but I still have not had the meter changed

posted by Davc | A week ago

Hello parmenter, You can assume that lastSeptember's request will not be actioned now, you could request again or maybe switch suppliers, but they are all under pressure to install smart meters. Maybe if you ask for a smart meter that would get results?  No excuse for SP though, they are very disorganised and give poor customer service.