Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No bill received for 27 months!

posted by Bell5 | 2 days ago

I have not received a bill since March 2018! I'm continually asked to provide meter readings which I cannot do as the meter is too old. I've requested a visit from Scottish Power and was told they would only come out once a year which obviously still hasn't happened. I was previously charged an extortionate rate so continue to pay roughly this amount but chances are the charges will have gone up and I'll end up in arrears and then be hounded to pay. I tried to change to another company but can't due to my meter. I asked for a smart meter but have heard nothing. My account states I'll be billed in June but this changes every month and gets pushed back. Does anyone have a similar issue or know how to get this sorted once and for all?

2 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 days ago
Re: No bill received for 27 months!

@Bell5   That is unusual, it should be possible to get a reading even if from the old rotary dial meters. What stops you from taking a reading?   SP don't have meter readers and they use contractors like Morrison's for house visits. 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 days ago
Re: No bill received for 27 months!

@Bell5    Take a close up photo of your meter and email it to SP, then they can see the reading for themselves;

contactus@scottishpower.com