Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of digits in a meter reading

posted by Ellie | 6 months ago
Hi. I have a smart meter from Eon but am now with Scottish Power so I have to submit readings. Have worked out how to get the readings from the smart meter, but the number of digits in both the gas and electricity reading do not match the number of spaces on the SP app. Do I put a zero in front or drop the last digit. There doesn’t seem to be a decimal point.
3 comments

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: Number of digits in a meter reading
Hi Ellie. At last an easy question. Take all the numbers excluding red ones or ones after a decimal point. Then put leading zeros to fill all the spaces. So 1234 becomes 01234. Etc.

posted by Silver-Babe | 4 months ago

I have a commercial gas meter in our home, due to extra gas we need.  Therefore, we have a six figure number (excluding the red box) and only a five figure number on the meter reading, which we have to submit to you.  Last month I think I put the wrong numbers in which has resulted in an enormous bill.  Can you please help asap?

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Hi Tell SP on 0800 027 0072. How did you input the previous readings? OR If you previously ignored the hundred thousand digit you could do the same again?