Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Power provider

posted by Damocles | A week ago

Hi i recently joined scotish power in the last few months from NPower and NPower are still billing me, have i started getting power from scottish power or am i still getting power from Npower ?

How do i know and am i suposed to pay Npower bills ?

3 comments

posted by Davc | A week ago
Re: Old Power provider

Hi, you should have had a changeover date, and have been asked for final meter readings by Npower. Check the date on your Npower bills to make sure they have not charged you since the changeover. SP can tell you the date your contract started (I suppose you have received a new SP account number). 0800 027 0072.

posted by Damocles | 6 days ago

I didnt get a final reading from npower, the new bill is currant from last week and i talked to them yesterday and they said my account is still live and they are going to send me the last few bills ive recieved as well as an updated currant bill, they are saying im still with them for both my electricity and gas

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 days ago

Hi again, It is not supposed to be possible to have two different suppliers at the same time, they check on a national database to make sure this does not happen. Maybe your SP transfer is not active?  You need to check again with SP but it looks like the transfer never took place.