Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Account has me having two separate accounts at same address

posted by HelenC | 4 weeks ago
6 comments

Re: Online Account has me having two separate accounts at same address
Ok, I was hoping I would be able to add some information to back up the Topic however here goes. I have an online account and I look after my mother's and my own account. Since setting it up I have 2 accounts for my house. On calling some time ago I was told I had two meters at my address (naw). I'd like this sorted but SP had problems with their IT systems some time ago. Any ideas of how I can get one removed? Who deals with these problems at SP?

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

Your mistake was to register your mother's account at your address, you should have kept all your mother's details as before and just logged into her account on her behalf. You must ring the SP helpline to sort it out, 0800 027 0072.

Hi Davc,
When I log into my account, her details and her address come up however my details come up twice and, when I call for any information or have any problem with my own service, the ScotPower assistant tells me I have two meters, both with the same account number. My mother's account is registered at her own address with a separate account number and has no effect on this. When I log into my account, I see three accounts. Apologies for not explaining this well.
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

Hi again. You really need to ring SP and sort it out, I think you have confused the situation by trying to alter your account on line. Your mother's details should never come up on your log-in, hers should be a completely separate account and you would log into it on her behalf. Your account appearing twice is a further complication.

Cheers Davc. Thanks for your help. H

posted by Harry | 8 hours ago

Good Luck !!!

I have been trying to delete two old accounts from  my online access for months now .there is a total of 8 accoints only allowed on line I cannot add a new account because I cannot delete the old closed accounts .As I rent houses this is a big problem for me and in all honesty means that I will leave Scottish power soon unless they can sort it !

I struggle for days with telephone calls and on line chats ,I am on yet another now , and still get nowhere .