Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Online account 'still being setup' after 5 months

posted by Keira | 7 months ago

I joined ScottishPower and registered my online account in September 2018. It's now February and whenever I try to log in it says 'Your account is still being setup. Please try again later.' and won't allow me to do anything. Nobody on the WebChat or phone seems able to help. ?!?!?!

7 comments

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
Re: Online account 'still being setup' after 5 months

Wow, have you had any bills? do you know what tariff you are on?  You really need to pursue this.

Yes I've been paying the bills fine, it's just that I can't log into the online account to enter my meter readings online etc.

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

Your password obviously works because you can post to the community. Try using a laptop and internet instead of the App, the internet account is more reliable.

I've tried using both, neither work. But yes my password is correct and logs me in but then I can't do anything once I'm logged in (except for community)

posted by Jonnel | 7 months ago

@Keira You've probably noticed this, so apologies if I'm telling you something you already know, but you have to log in to your account separately to the community forum, yes? It's your same log-in details but separate, accessed by clicking on Your Account first, rather than community.

Something else that might work - have you tried clearing your browser history and cookies, re-starting your pc, then accessing SP website directly by entering the url, rather than clicking on a link. Sometimes pc's can get stuck in a loop, taking you to a previously stored page that goes nowhere. Sign out of community first, then do the above, then:

Go to the homepage then My Account - Login now. Make sure the address bar shows the closed padlock before you enter your details.

Might work.

I just tried that and it hasn't worked. Thank you though Smiley Happy

posted by AdamS | 7 months ago

Hello, i have been having this issue too, called up to set up the account in November 2018, however it is now feb and still cannot do anything on my online account as it "is still being set up". i have tried clearing caches and cookies, on different computers and devices, nothing changes the status. When i rang up i was simply told a set up pack would be sent in the post but still waiting on that. I set up my account for a quarterly payment and feel i am due or overdue the first payment but can't seem to get the account set up to even enter my meter readings.