Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Paid bill but still receiving letters/emails

posted by Daisyjj | 2 months ago
I received my warm home discount payment of £140 I had a bill of £40.29 and my credit on the account now is £99.71, I have been recieving letters and emails since the due date for the bill saying I need to pay, I have called numerous times and tried to live chat which takes days to get 1 reply then days to get the next. Next thing I will be getting debt letters and charges, I have been told on the phone they don't know why this is and they can see my balance etc but the bill demands haven't stopped I don't know what else to do. I have just received another email saying payment overdue when there is no such bill on the account.
12 comments
Highlighted

posted by Leslcd | A month ago
Re: Paid bill but still receiving letters/emails

Same here just got one this morning and getting no reply to my question?  Account balance shows zero yet still getting emails and letters. Does anyone know if the scheme will continue or be scrapped next year as it has been a god send for me anyhow.?

Highlighted

posted by summerball10 | 4 weeks ago

I paid  £117.46 last month for gas and electic but I'm still getting letters asking me to pay. I've checked with my Bank and two payments have definately been taken - £47.56 on 23rd March and £69.90 on 27th March.  Can you please check your accounts department and confirm that you've received these payments as soon as possible.  If required I can send you a screen shot of my bank payment showing paid to you.

Regards.

Lynda Middlecoat.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@summerball10   We are the Community, we are all customers and do not know about account details. However at the moment there are big time lags of communication so if your bank confirms payment, relax and the SP computer sytems will catch up in a few days.

Highlighted

posted by Julieanne24 | 4 weeks ago
I seem to be confused a tad. I received an email saying:

"We wanted to remind you that on 31st May 2020 your Online Fixed Saver May 2020 tariff will come to an end. If you don't choose another option we'll automatically move you to our Standard Online tariff on 1st June 2020. Our Standard Online tariff is a variable price tariff that is protected by the price cap implemented by the energy regulator Ofgem. This means that your energy prices could move up or down if the price cap changes, but your prices will never go above the price set by the cap."

I am only confused as I had assumed the tariff would last a year on a reduced amount due to personal circumstances - I had felt slightly relaxed with direct debits but if Scottish Power go back to requesting about £120 a month it will be an issue! (Just for the record, my house has no boiler, ergo no hot water nor heating except for a small fire in one room and my husband wears a hat and three jumpers in bed).

I understand of course that those working for Scottish Power are also under pressure to respond to such matters at present but, unlike the person above, I have not even attempted to telephone them. On the internet the following message appeared "We are looking at your account, please try again later"....I suspect that to be a lie of sorts but I am very concerned that Scottish Power may take out more money than is actually available in a month or so.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@Julieanne24  The fixed price deals end according to the date in their name, so 31 May in your case. You have plenty of time to switch to the latest deal which will take you through to 2021.   The price you pay depends on your meter readings. If your bills say estimated reading, you need to take a meter reading and send it in to get a correct up to date bill.  If you have no electric heating in the house your bill should be quite small but if they are estimated they might be based on typical patterns and not correct for your case. 

Highlighted

posted by BarReb7 | 3 weeks ago

I have received over the last few days more than three letters stating Payment Overdue when I go to my account I show a zero and when I check with my Bank to see if all payments have been sent and received, it shows a cleared funds to SP,

So why on earth do you keep sending me overdue fund letters? when it clearly states my account is clear.

Highlighted

posted by 07943525575 | A week ago

I am still receiving letters of payment demand months after the balance of £44.16 was paid on the 1st.May 2020 this is harassment by mail deception this is not the first time your company has used this tactic to obtain money by deception on elderly people. so knock it off or I will take your company to court for criminal offences.

This is the second time I have been signed up with Scotish Power and your company has not changed its attitude towards customers. 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@07943525575  Sorry to hear that, there is a timelag between bills being paid and it reflecting in the payment request letters being sent out.

You can check on line if your account is now fully paid up.    Nobody is trying to fool people into paying extra.

Highlighted

posted by Thehobbit123 | A week ago

I paid my Scottish power bill on 12th may 2020 with a ref no. 16057350366 have received  message today saying bill needs to be paid asap or you could incur penalties ?