Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Paid bill but still receiving letters/emails

@Thehobbit123    You paid the bill yesterday and had a letter today?  What do you think has happened?  The letter was sent out before you made your payment.

posted by Daveqgc105 | A year ago

I received notification to do readings and pay bill as per usual. Then got automatic bill for £179. Did readings and submitted, paid bill of £259 based on readings. Now Scottish Power are still pursueing me for £179 as well as £259 which I have paid.

posted by Davc | A year ago

@Daveqgc105   We have had this many times.  Estimated bills must be paid as well as the actual bill that comes after a reading.    Your estimate was obviously too low, the higher bill is for everything after the estimated bill going forward, if the bills have been estimated for a long time there can be a lot of catching up to do.  So yes unfortunately you pay both the Estimate and the latest Actual reading bill.

posted by deven21 | 4 months ago
I have an unpaid bill in my name somehow dating back to 2017.

Which has disrupted my credit rating.. I didn’t even own the property during the time the bill was issued.

Please get in touch to resolve.

posted by DavC1 | 4 months ago

@deven21   Don't ask us on this Community forum to get in touch, we are not Scottish Power people. You need Customer Services.

posted by AKATARIA | A month ago

My account is in credit, but still keep getting SMS and email to make payment. This is bug in the system should be rectified. The bill clearly shows message in CREDIT, the email and SMS ignore - sign.