Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor communications during transfer from Extra Energy

posted by dalefarm | 7 months ago

Extra Energy went broke shortky after I chose them. The regulator has said I should join Scottish Power.

I have seen a note which said ScottishPower started supplying my power on 25th November last year. The process of signing up is not yet complete (Feb 14th)

On 31st January I spent 6minutes and 43 seconds on the phone to  08000270072 during the course of which I gave them my bank details. Yesterday I got an email saying they do not have my bank details so I must pay extra in order to make manual payments.

I have several times rung one of the so called "customer service" numbers.  Eventually a voice says "call back later" and hangs up.

I have tried the 'chat' online option. I get the reply "we're not available right now".

There seem not to be any email options under "my account"

There is a 'my messages' page in which i can receive, but not send messages.

There is a note which syas I can amend my bank details on 'my account'. Damned if I can find it.

My question - has anyone ever got in touch with these people?

38 comments

posted by DVD | 7 months ago
Re: Poor communications during transfer from Extra Energy

Hi

I am having EXACTLY the same issues. Due to personal circumstances, I have only just gotten round to looking into the switch. I am really worried because we have always been in credit at the end of our fixed deals with Extra Energy. I'm guessing if it's this difficult to get through to Scottish, it'll be even harder to find out if I'm owed money. 

Will update here...did you end up managing to speak to a human?!

posted by Sick_a_tired_SP | 7 months ago

I'm in exactly the same boat I spoke to  alad @ SP in January When I got the first email from them and I wanted to swap away then but couldn't,  anyway when I spoke to SP Igave my meter reading and direct debit details and heard absolutly nothing back from them until yesterday when I received an email saying because I had failed to get in touch with them they were going to charge me extra per unit and bill me , this is dispite me trying on numerous occassions to phone them up only to be told thet they are extremly busy right now and to ring back they then hang up. So I left a snotty remark on their raise a complaint and escalate a complaint and also on their facebook page and I aslo sent a message via facebook and then low and behold I receive another email with an password to get to my account online and also to this complaint board.
Now back in January whenn I first managed to speak to SP I gave them my Direct Debit details and the meter reading yet my account is totally blank. 
The question is does anyone actually work for scottish power other than the disector that take large pay packets?????

If you wish to find out any details from Extra  Energy  you can still contact the Extra Energy customer service team on 0800 368 5452 although when I phoned them today (14/02/2019) their computer system was on maintenance ?? so they couldn'd get at any of my account. Why maintance on a reduntant it system is beyond me!

posted by tonynorman | 7 months ago
Worst customer service by any company does anybody man the phones. Lumbered with these after extra energy collapse. They stated tariffs would be similar to extra energy guess what nowhere near. Extra energy ten times better than these upon my dealings

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

Look on one of the other Extra Energy threads, somebody posted advice on leaving, you just choose a new supplier and all the work is done for you. 

posted by LucyAlfie | 7 months ago
Same here. Got an account but am in arrears and on a fixed income. Can't got through as "all the agents are busy with other customers". How did the other customers get through to talk to the agents?
Highlighted

posted by DaveDave | 7 months ago
these people are .... challenged. .. you need to talk LOUDLY ...aand slowly... total waste of time actually.... mind you the EE auditors are the cause of all this ..cant get hold of them ... im thinking of complaining to the Watchdog / Ombudsmsn..😜

posted by ADH | 7 months ago
I tried the online chat but it didn't work. Downloaded the app to my phone and the messaging chat is tucked away on My Account page/help and support. Sent a message easily enough - just waiting for a response. The app looks good for day to day account management.

posted by dalefarm | 7 months ago

I've just left my number on an answerphone. They say they will ring back between 1 hour 9 and 1 hour 43. that's at 3:54 on friday

posted by Sick_a_tired_SP | 7 months ago
I managed to get someone to ring me back after I escalated a complaint twice within 5 minutes of each other that was about 10pm and they phoned me by 11am the next morning mine is now getting resolved I just need to argue with them about what they intend to charge me for the 3 months I've been with them as I move away from this sesspit of a company.