Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by EonB | 6 months ago
Re: Poor communications during transfer from Extra Energy

Been with Extra energy for quite a while and have had the odd e-mail from SP about the change over.  I've had an e-mail saying that they can't take my DD out of the account.  Just logged back in and guess what...the DD is still there...and SP want a lot extra per month.  Can't wait to change from them once it is fully sorted.

I was unlucky - also inherited a property - Spark was their supplier.  No issue from OVO and their take over so far.

posted by TerryS17 | 6 months ago

My SP tariff is Basic Energy Online but no info on charges.  Searching website can only find to apply for fixed term tariff- and they don't say what they are so would have to apply to find out.  Cannot see anywhere to send email with enquiry.  These issues alone have convinced me I want nothing to do with this company.  I was also in credit with EE but still awaiting to find out what it was.  Martin Lewis (moneybox) advised in this situation to stay with the company taking over until bill fully resolved from previous company so trapped on an expensive tariff of unknown cost.   EE website disappeared so have no evidence of what I was owed. From now on I will always print bills so I at least have a ball park figure with evidence to argue a case - so much for paperless digital age.

posted by ronway | 6 months ago
I have had the same experience . You are asked to leave your phone number and they will call you back in a certain time window. They don't. After phoning early morning and holding for 50 minutes I did speak to someone who said my welcome package was posted the previous Wednesday. That was 4 Wednesdays ago and still nothing.

posted by Lawman1962 | 5 months ago

Repeat of most compliants here.

Given details so many times of bank over 2 months ( 2 months after switch ). Still no direct debit set up.

Bill asking me to pay full amount equivalent to doublethe  previous amount to Extra Energy.

Day off work to sort today. No option to speak to help. No ringback option.  Will write a letter and copy to Ofgem whose webiste tells me what to expect from the takeover of account . Isnt happening.

Poor Service from Iberdrola owned company.

posted by Osama | 5 months ago

After being transfered from Extra energy. When I gave my reading it showed I have spent over £550 in two and a half monthes, which is way high from Extra energy, and the direct debit SP setup was no where close to the that cost, the SP representative said just ignor it you are in the best tarif,  I keep calling Scotish power and when i am luky I get though after 40 to 55 minutes, I want to set up my online account since last February and no luke yet. No action from Scotish Power

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
Hi Osama. Don’t forget the last few months are the coldest of the year and so the most expensive. For a typical house annual bills are around £1200 of which most comes in the winter, so your £500 is not unusual

posted by lee80 | 4 months ago
Scottish Power took over the now defunct Extra Energy in November. I have been trying to contact them on a weekly basis since then, to clarify tariffs etc before committing to a contract. At the time of writing it is 26th April. Despite dozens of attempts I have not been able to have a single conversation, all the while worrying about the accumulating electricity bill. Today I received an e mail warning me of charges if I failed to set up bank details, after 5 months of me chasing some form of clarification! The last time I received any communication, I was informed that Extra Energy would provide a final bill which has not been forthcoming. I have requested multiple “callbacks” but have not received any at the time advertised and sometimes not at all! I am astounded at the poor quality of customer service. The ombudsman awaits I think, to add to the hours of time, already wasted being on hold in vain.

posted by Jonnel | 4 months ago
@lee80 Yes, Scottish Power's handling of your situation has been deplorable, but I think it would be a good idea to do something positive as soon as possible, to get a handle on your energy expenditure. Your usage since November last year will be payable to SP - there's no way around that - but it seems like you have a good case for a complaint. SP will probably charge you at their standard variable rate for all your usage since they took over, though you should be able to negotiate around that if they uphold your complaint. If I were you I would be thinking about switching supplier - when you switch it's the NEW company that drives the changeover, so when you initiate it whoever you go with will inform SP and they'll HAVE to talk to you, even if only to send you a final bill. Then you can get your complaint off the ground.

posted by borisc | 2 months ago
After several three hour+ waits to get through to Customer Services, I managed to make contact with them easily this week using their chat line. Don’t know if this was just a fluke or it’s always quick. Did discover that the final Extra Energy statements are being sent out now and rebates (where appropriate) will be credited in August.