Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Price increase, does this seem right?

Hi Capyboppy, nice comments, and the reason for the big price rise is the rates/kwh, electricity up 42% and gas 56%, using your figures. I guess your old deal lasted 24 months and a lot has happened since then so it is a big shock. You have done the right thing by checking with Martin Lewis and you, and all of us, just have to accept the new price levels now.

posted by LoyalCstmr | A year ago

No need to "just accept the price rise" we can vote with our feet and leave ScotPwr for another much cheaper energy supplier!

posted by fedupofprice | A year ago

Totally agree with first comment - on renewing tariff have been asked to pay 33% more when useage is the same as last year and have only once been in debit for 2 weeks for £6.00.  Wish my wages had gone up by 33%!

posted by albionmaiden | A year ago

I was on a fixed 12 month deal which ended yesterday. Currently pay around £45 a month for both electric and gas combined. The cheapest new deal that Scottish Power offered me, based on last year's consumption, is £72.... Needless to say, I used a price comparison website and have just signed up with a different provider. 

Highlighted

posted by MACE1958 | A year ago

My 2018 Fixed Rate is expiring. The cheapest and best Scottish Power option for me is Super Saver 2019 but I couldnt get access to that via Scottish Power website. I had to use USAVE. I believe some products are only available on other websites. Its the old "lets rip off our the existing loyal customer base hoping the suckers can't be bothered to look around and move" syndrome 

posted by Gooner0624 | A year ago

This the 2nd price increase in 7 months which is outrageous especially when their top bosses are getting a Financial package  up to £12m every year, I knew as soon as BG put their prices up the other 5 of the Energy Cartel of Companies would follow suit  & put up their Prices ,these price increases are unfair unjust & completely wrong we being rip off yet again by these Private Sector Companies & using May analogy the UK Public especially Disabled Poor haven't got a Magic Money Tree to keep paying these Constant increases