Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Price increase, does this seem right?

posted by oo03sjw | A year ago

My fixed deal is about to finish in Jan 19 and the new payment for a fixed 2020 is 37% higher does that seem right?

Seems high to me, an alternative supplier is offering only a 17% which is bad enough.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

25 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: Price increase, does this seem right?

Hi @oo03sjw,  as wholesales costs of energy have increased since you previously chose your last fixed price energy deal, it is likely that you will notice a jump in the price of fixed price deals that are currently available because of this.  However, as a ScottishPower customer, if a cheaper deal becomes available in the future, you can move between our tariffs at any time without paying exit fees.

posted by Clare0276 | A year ago
Hi I have noticed the same. My monthly payments would increase by £30 approx per month for dual fuel yet I'm in credit so why should the payments increase by so much?

posted by Josette | A year ago

I have just submitted my readings and my money fee has gone up by about £9 which is fine - expected.  But I just looked at the tariffs because mine also ends at the end of January and the 2 year fixed is £55 more expensive.  I think that is really bad.  I am going to have to find a different supplier now which I didn't want to do because I've beenwith ScottishPower for some time now.

posted by Peedoff | A year ago
The term "being treated with utter contempt" springs to mind eh?

posted by Davc | A year ago

Sorry to say that if your deal expires in Jan it must be at least 12 months old and a lot has happened since then. Can't say I'm surprised that you would pay more for a new deal, but you might get something cheaper on 'Go Compare' etc. If it's only £50 more expensive, £1 a week, I would go for the SP deal.

posted by Josette | A year ago
Thank you for your comment. Sorry I didn't make myself very clear. I do understand there would be a price increase but when I said £55, I meant a month not a year. It seems a big leap to me but maybe I'm out of touch lol

posted by Davc | A year ago
Yes that is a big incease Josette, £660 a year, but it depends on how big your total bills are, I would expect to pay about 15% more, if it is very much more I suggest you look around the market. (but maybe part of the 55/month is to catch up on falling behind on your old contract).

posted by Basby | A year ago

My contract ends in January and like the previous contributor I notice that the price per unit will increase by 37%. However, the daily fixed charge is increasing by 60%!!!!!  No explanation.  Off to price comparisons and Flipper to look for a better deal.  

posted by Basby | A year ago
Wholesale prices may have changed -- but the daily fixed charge is also increasing by 60%!