Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Estimates and Actual Bills

posted by Abbygrey123 | A year ago

I supplied my meter readings on the 27th April 2018 and I have checked my account but I am still being issued with an estimated bill.

Please can you let me know why this is happening as I am being billed huge amounts which seem to all be based on estimated bills.

6 comments

Top answer

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: RE: Estimates and Actual Bills

Normally after you send in meter readings a new Bill is raised straight away. There may have been a problem when you sent in the readings, was it on line or by phone. If on line did you make sure that all the boxes were filled by using zeros in the empty spaces. For example your meter reads 1234 but you have 6 spaces to fill, so you have to enter 001234. Also was the meter reading reasonably similar to the estimate, if it is wildly different the update will not work so as to avoid mistakes. Try again.

I have just updated the meter readings but there is no space at the beginning of the fields to input a zero, this is obviously not the error.

Please can this issue be sorted as soon as possible as my mother is being charged an extortionate amount for her electricity as even when I am inputting her readings online estimated bills are still being generated.

Emma

I have just updated the meter readings as per your request but there is no space at the beginning of the fields to input a zero, this is obviously not the error.
Please can this issue be sorted as soon as possible as my mother is being charged an extortionate amount for her electricity usage as all the charges are being issued as estimated bills.
Please can you let me know as soon as possible when this will be sorted.

posted by Davc | A year ago

I can only suggest you ring 0800 027 0072 and explain your problem and give them your meter reading. 

posted by Ira | 4 months ago
Have the same problem.

posted by Johnbarb | 3 months ago

I have the same problem. Scottish Power asked for meter readings to change from SEE to Scottish Power in March and they over estimated my day electric by 679kwh. So SEE refund was £100 short which I am still waiting my SEE to return to me. In June they asked a better reading this time it was 904 kwh over estimated. As soon as they sort this out I shall be leaving Scottish Power.