Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Sootywight | 3 months ago
Re: Reading my smart meter

I have had an electric smart meter installed. It could not connect to the mobile network so install abandoned with the new meter connected but gas left as is, The new electric meter shows a blank screen and I have no idea how to take a reading..

Ideas please

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@Sootywight   Your meter may have a blank screen and requires button pressing to take a reading. On many meters there is a number keypad, pressing 9 shows the reading. Your installer should have shown you how to use it, if you can phone them ask for instructions. 

posted by Sootywight | 3 months ago

Thanks Dave, no instructions were left by the installer, no keypad on the meter and no idea who did the install. 

posted by Barbie56 | A month ago
How do you send a smart meter reading as there is no numbers to read

posted by dawni | A month ago
I was told to push 9 but the numbers go by too quick for me to read 🤔
Highlighted

posted by Sootywight | A month ago

Only have one button to press and that only lights screen. No connection to mobile network so waiting for meter to be swapped out. SP cannot even log the old readings and put the new meter on the system. No wonder they rate badly.

posted by Plumby | A month ago
I was with EDF and had a smart meter installed, but then changed to Scottish Power within about 6 weeks of install. SP say that my smart meter will be ok for them to use, but at the moment they can't get the readings so please send them..... Gas is easy to understand, but I have an Economy 7 electricity meter (which used to be easy to read). Since the meter was changed, there are about 6 different kwh readings when you press the button on the meter and I have no clue which ones to send!! Help anyone?

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Plumby   You can Google for instructions for your type of smart electricity meter. On many models one press of the button gives Day, the next press gives Night and the third press gives Day+Night. You could try it and see if the readings are in the same ranges as your previous day/night readings.