Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Re: Reading my smart meter

Hello mec,  Your IHD is the hand held monitor which is normally kept somewhere handy in the house. It is only a monitor and cannot transmit any data, it is not'The smart meter' and can be turned off without changing the functionality of the real meters.  Not sure what you meant about meter readings, the meters will be transmitting quietly in the background. I know the website has gone wrong recently but that does not change your meter transmissions.  If you want to submit a manual reading and the website is not allowing it try the 'My Energy' smartphone App, or ring SP with the data.

You are fortunate to have type2 smart meters, these should continure to work if you switch providers.

Hi Mec,   re-reading your comment about the gas reading being only 6, for a brand new meter this would surely be normal having started from zero in December.  It shows that your gas meter has sent in some data. 

Your IHD will regain its functionality eventually but please be patient.

posted by Moira | 9 months ago

I have recently moved to Scottish Power and have a Smart Meter from my old supplier (First Utility) Apparently Scottish Power can't use this one and it doesn't show energy consumption now? Do I need to have a Scottish Power Smart Meter installed? Scottish Power keep askin g me for meter readings!!

Your smart meters still record consumption but do not send data to SP. please send in meter readings which you will find on your IHD monitor. All meters such as yours will be switched over to send to a central computer in 2019, so eventually SP can retrieve the readings. No need to physically change the meters. 

posted by GrahamBee | 9 months ago
Does anybody understand this??????????
Highlighted

posted by GrahamBee | 9 months ago

100% agree on the Customer Service /Relations. An hour to answer the phone, an appointed call back not received, another hour on hold on the phone.

Hi Graham. What is it that nobody understands? There is a lot about smart meters on the internet and I can also help with specific queries.

posted by MarkyMark | 9 months ago
I am also finding no reading on my smart meter, Website goes round and round. Can’t appear to contact SP directly through website / email. And they send me email (do not reply one) saying action required with readings. Is there anyone on here who works for SP?

Hi Mark. You can get a reading by looking at your meters, the electric one is obvious, and the gas one needs you to press a button to wake it up. Send readings or you may get estimated bills. It might be your smart system is not working correctly and you need to report it.  Nobody from SP routinely reads Community comments unless we tell them directly about an urgent issue. 

posted by Diproc | 9 months ago
Thanks Dave
I was wondering why my gas had no readings to take. Pressed the button and bingo!