cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Ghicks | 4 months ago
Re: Reading my smart meter

Dear Scottish Power

I am a pretty intelligent guy but I would like to ask you change the name from smart meter to "what the heck do you press to get your meter reading" meter - I have tried to read both by electricty and gas meter and have no idea how to read what my day reading and what my nightime reading is - so as I thought a smart meter meant that I didnt have to read the meters anymore yet why are you still emailing me and asking em to read my meter - I wished I had a science degree to read them _ PLEASE HELP!

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
@Ghicks. Look at your meter and note the make and model, then google for how to read it. The reading should also be on your home display if it is working.
Highlighted

posted by Ghicks | 4 months ago

yes have tried that but google shows all sorts of answers and like I said it shouldnt be that difficult!!!!!

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@Ghicks   Your installer should have told you how to read the meter. Keep trying with google, it is not really difficult.  

Highlighted

posted by BruceHB | 4 months ago

I had a Smart meter fitted by EDF in February 2020.  I changed to SP on 4th April.  I have received two emails from SP saaying

"unfortunately we haven't been able to automatically take a reading from your smart meter yet but we will keep trying. In the meantime could you please supply your electricity meter reading by 14th April 2020. This will ensure your account is set up accurately and you don't end up paying more than you need to. It should only take a few minutes to submit".

However, my in home display doesn't provide meter readings.  Only my current, daily, weekly consumption in £ and kWh.  I have looked at my new meter but cannot see how to read the day and night readings.  It has two buttons marked A and B but nothing else and pressing those goes into a complicated menu which doesn't seem to contain the meter readings.  I cannot reply to SP's emails nor can I telephone since only emergency loss of power calls are being answered.

Help please

Highlighted

posted by shaz69 | 3 months ago

Hi i was supposed to have both has and elec smart meters fitted they could only do elec as the eArth cable on the gas needs moving before a smart meter can be fitted another company does this but im struggling to get hold of them ,my little display box keeps saying waiting for data been like that sine feb,i can put in manual gas teadings but wont let me continue until i put in the elec readings so cant send in any readings at present ,is there a way to read the elec a smart electric meter ive looked on the box but not teally sure what im a looking at ,and besides theres a very latge spider living in my outside meter cupboard ,cant hold of of sp by phone or email or live chat getting very frustraded with the qhole bloody thing ,dnt want to end up witha huge bill because its not working properly or i cant send in meter readings ,any advice would be helpfull thankyou 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@shaz69     Look at your bill estimates and note the meter reading they used.  Your smart meter reading will be in the same sort of range probably within a hundred units or so.  The meter will show a reading but you may have to experiment, if there is a number pad press 9, if not try its buttons or look for the name if the meter and search online for advice how to take a reading.  Get a big brush and get rid of that spider.