Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Re: Reading my smart meter

Installers should always tell customers how to read their new meters and use their IHD display, but do they? No.

posted by befuddled | 4 months ago
I too have as smart meter installed by Ovo and have since changed to sp.I have no idea which readings to submit as the meter shows several readings and I dont know which to submit.

posted by befuddled | 4 months ago
Hi Graham my Ovo energy installed smart meter gives me 6 different readings of which one is day and one night.I am with sp now and dont know which readings to submit.I press the 9 and the numbers start rolling out but I dont know which ones to submit.Maybe you can help. Its Norm

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Hi Norm, Two things to try: The Ovo website for FAQs about their meters. And then you could note the manufacturer's name and model number and google for instructions.   Also try taking a phone video of the fast scrolling numbers and see which ones fit closely to your last day and night meter readings from your OVO bills.

posted by ScottishGit21 | 3 months ago

Just switched from Toto to SP. I too have found the IHD provided by Toto user unfriendly. It should be a simple thing to show meter readings and kwh's used since a previous date. Instead it provides me with information I have little or no interest in. I have resorted to collecting my own readings which kind of defeats the whole purpose. Hopefully SP will provide me with a new IHD that is more programmable. V.C.

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Hi Scot. Nope SP will not give a new IHD it would not work with your meters. Have a look online for the right buttons to get a meter reading. I’m sure there are instructions on your old suppliers website. Otherwise read the real meters and make sure to send in the data to SP.

posted by didi | 3 months ago

Know what you mean about smart meters I hate them Each time I have been asked for my meter readings I have inputted them into the web site, but then I'm told there wrong Just inputted the ones today and its accepted them I'm now concerned I have read the meters wrong  as it did ask if they right, but when you have nothing to go by what else can you do but say yes? Terrified now that I am going to have a massive wrong bill Especially  when I was with this company on a temporary basis   Besides I thought installing smart meters ment you didn't need to read them anymore Yet more political clap trap it seems Just a waste of money

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Hi Didi, Have a look at one of your old bills, it will show what the readings used to be, and your new readings should be in roughly the same range but higher than before. If the numbers are massively different then you probably have done it wrong and you need to contact SP and explain what the readings should be 0800 027 0072

posted by dawni | A month ago

hi read through the texts about smart meter readings / i have been switched over to sp as extra energy ceased trading/ extra energy fitted my smart meter and i understand that sp cannot read it as of yet/ after contacting sp quite a feat as i had to hold on for half an hour i was told to push number 9. the readings  whizz through so quick is there a way of slowing them down or pausing the numbers please as i am an oap and slower to note things . thanks for your help

posted by Davc | A month ago

Hi. I am glad you knew about the 9 button. If it scrolls fast try a quick jab, maybe holding it down gives all the other readings. Otherwise get a teenager to help you, I am a pensioner as well haha.