Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving blank emails

posted by Kemu | A year ago

Recently started receiving emails from Scottish Power but the body of the text is blank. I can read the message line "confirmation of new energy tariff" (unasked for !) but I have to go on-line to read the details. This is only recent. Anyone else having this happen? I have a mac, but this does not happen with any other emails - so something wrong with the sender.

10 comments

posted by AJS | A year ago
Re: Receiving blank emails

I have the same problem, also using a Mac. The body of the email magically appears if I hit reply .

posted by Kemu | A year ago
Thanks. I’ll try that as soon as I get a chance. Seems to me the IT department need to check their systems on macs - I get all sorts of weird stuff (not) happening on this site. Not a problem on other sites so ... (any IT staff read these comments?)

posted by timp | 12 months ago

I've had exactly the same problem for months.

Shame that Scottish Power don't address this

posted by Blank | 9 months ago

Hi I too use a Mac and yes I too have blank emails. Have just tried the suggested way to see them and it works. Click on reply. Of course I also found you can't actually reply to the email but at least I could see the body of the message. Thanks.

posted by sw_user | A month ago

I have just joined ssp and have this from day one usind a pc and firefox what is going on ?

posted by Davc | A month ago

@sw_user   Blank emails have not been reported much recently, did you try the suggestion to select reply and see if it reveals the message?  You could also try a different email browser, or try Google Chrome for webmails.  Of course SP could really be sending blanks, anything is possible.

posted by sw_user | A month ago

yes  makes no difference just a big cursor and if you look at the header there is a subject but that's it never mined all they wanted was a meter reading! thanks for the info

Reply-To: noreply@yourscottishpower.co.uk
To: ******************@********.co.uk
Subject: You're now a ScottishPower Customer
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 20:34:12 +0000 (UTC)
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:unsub-7a9edcc6.jzv1.ss575upons43@bnc3.mailjet.com>
X-CampaignID: ESAIDC7P3T100
X-CSA-Complaints: whitelist-complaints@eco.de
X-MJ-Mid:
AMQAAEyhZHkAAAAdLXYAAGXZ8GgAAAAATskAAAAAAAjZ9ABdcXFF0sRU1YtbQr-cdyhFvIZBQAAIZYI
X-MJ-SMTPGUID: d2c454d5-8b5b-42bf-9c77-2845bc864140
X-REPORT-ABUSE-TO: Message sent by Mailjet please report to
abuse@mailjet.com with a copy of the message
X-xsMailingId: ESAIDC7P3T100
X-xsMessageId: ESEIDM12514904A0
Feedback-Id: 550274.580084:MJ
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_47593_774179536.1567715652699"
X-purgate-ID: 153031::1567715653-00000A14-9577F074/9/50681
X-purgate-type: clean
X-purgate-size: 130903
X-purgate-Ad: Categorized by eleven eXpurgate (R) http://www.eleven.de
X-purgate: clean

posted by Davc | A month ago

@sw_user   Interesting email ‘properties’ you posted, obviously an external SP contractor doing mass mailings which had gone wrong, references to companies in Germany. The actual message part was the encrypted part of nonsense alphabet letters. Mystery solved, it was not your computers fault at all. 

posted by veg-gardener | A month ago

Hi,

I always seem to get this problem on my Mac.  Yes I can read the contents if I hit reply.  I can also read the contents on my iPhone.  Very irritating.

Please fix this SP.