Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Sarah1974 | A year ago
Re: Refund
I have tried to speak to someone for 3 days now at different times and I'm on hold for nearly an hour eveey time, I just want a refund, and u say do it on ur online account, u can't there is no way of requesting anything online! Help!
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Hi Sarah. Log into your online account through the internet There is definitely a request refund page.
Highlighted

posted by taz801 | A year ago
I’ve had a debt on my meter for over four years absolutely scandalous I would put £15 on meter to get £2 and not even enough to top the emergency credit up I have never had a debt on my meter in my life always been on pay as you go somewhere along the line my gas and electricity was changed from British gas to ScottishPower after after contacting ScottishPower several times I i was told that I’d been paying someone else debt one advisor told me I was owed a substantial amount of money heard no more got Intouch again to be told no I owed them the money in that I was only owed £50 that they were going to credit the meter so I said no I’m not accepting that phoned ombudsman what was just as bad as dealing with ScottishPower they come back with an offer of £100 goodwill jester on a gift card £50 for the inconvenience and they wanted to credit the meter again with the £1400 that I’d struggled to keep up with paying that’ wasn’t my debt in the first place refused that offer so the ombudsman said they couldn’t help me any further I’m still topping up my meter by the minutes I can see on my statements that money is being credit in dribs and drabs but yet my credit keeps running out and I have to top my meter up constantly so basically ScottishPower only credit themselves back with the money that I paid there is not online refund link or in app link to request a refund believe me I’ve tried and tried

posted by MichaelM | 2 months ago
Re: Refund - noone answers my phone calls

I have just wasted 50 minutes of my precious life to have my phone call disconnected. It is not the first time Scottish Power disconnects me or I waste my time because the adviser do not do what they say they will do.
Regarding the phone calls, I had to not dial my account number otherwise I would get disconnected directly. This time I got someone anwering about my account then she said she transfered me to another service and now 50 minutes waiting with this music and repeated messages before being disconnected.

I received a letter from Scottish Power saying they owe me £15.53. I have spent already enough time trying to have someone answering to close the account and then be refunded. Noone answers, nothing works, there is no way to have an adviser processing my refund. Do I need to take Scottish Power to court so someone answers and so Scottish Power does not steal my money?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 months ago
@MichaelM. If you are closing the account and leaving, your £15 will be credited to your final bill or refunded by cheque.
Highlighted

@MichaelM. If you want to close your SP account you need to find a new supplier and ask them to start a new account for you. Most people do this by using a price comparison website like Go Compare etc. The new supplier will do all the work and ask SP to close your SP account. As part of the closure process you will get your £15 back.

If you decide to stay with SP the £15 will probably be used as a credit on your next bill.
Highlighted

I moved to a new place in September. In this new flat, I am not a tenant anymore, but a lodger. I do not need a new power supplier as my landlord takes care of it. I phoned Scottish Power several times in September and October to close my account. The account is closed but I still have not been refunded. 

Highlighted

@MichaelM   Maybe they sent your cheque to your old address?

Highlighted

It does not make sense as I received the letter saying they owe me £15 at my new address.
Highlighted

Because you had one letter to your new address it does not mean your bank and account details were updated. It’s worth checking.