Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by rogeralvey | 11 months ago
Re: Refund

My dual bill monthly standing charge has been increased by about three times my previous amount while fixed. After three months while I was ill so no meter readings supplied, my account has a credit of more than a thounsand pounds and consequently, my bank account is in overdrafted. I phoned them up, a long wait, and I felt the staff was rude and was in no hurry to return my credit; I guess he must have heard this before but the policy is to keep maximum credit from the customer. Oh he stated" you can do this yourself when you login and change the standing charge". I try to move the slider to one third but it goes back to the full amount. I instructed the credit to be returned to my account but the system does not acknowledge with an email to say this is being done. I have been with Scotish Power for 15 years but for how long? 

OK, from what I hear above, I was told to wait 6 days too, but if I don't hear from them, customer service, I will know where to go. 

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Crazy to have £1000 credit, keep at it you should get your money back. Make sure your meter readings are up to date or they may use that as an excuse.

posted by Gracie | 11 months ago
I had issues getting a refund a few years back. Took 9 months and that was with the help from the ombudsman. Scottish Power kept blaming their “new computer system” the were owe me £900.

posted by DaveD | 11 months ago

There seems to be a common theme here.....the SP IT system. I have held back until now but I fear they have paid two guys in a room in Mummbai with a very old laptop to run their IT system. It was the cheapest quote and the 150,000 quid a year financial director said yes!

Sorry moan over.

Yes I fear the IT section of SP are really not up to it.

DaveD

posted by debbieM51 | 11 months ago

Apparently we need a “code” that is generated when you first ring to request the refund 🙄

i received a cheque last week for one refund, not yet received the other one owed. 

Currently browsing to swap suppliers 👏

posted by FinnAM2018 | 11 months ago

Hi Guys

Scottish Gas came yesterday to fit a SMART meter to Gas supply.

Engineer said I have to telephone Scottish Power to get a NEW ‘single rate electric meter’ fitted. He said the meter we have is a dual meter for home supply AND storage heaters -(see attached pic). We had gas supply/central heating installed by SGB/Housing Association in October 2012. Again, he said we may have been getting charged for the past 6+ years at a rate we haven’t been using! - Have you any ideas?

Apologies for being ‘long-winded’ but I thought the more detail, the better.

Sincerely Alex(ander) Miller.

The advice you were given is good. If you no longer have electric storage meters you do not need a night rate measurement and the single rate you have been given is the right one for you. Now you have gas heating it is by far the cheapest way of heating your house, it always beats electricity on cost.

Sorry I misread slightly, you now have a two rate conventional meter and you need to ask SP to replace it with a single rate smart meter. You should ask SP on 0800 027 0072, explain that you no longer have storage heaters and have had gas installed, so you now need to have a single rate electricity meter.  It should not be a problem and you have been given correct advice by the fitter.

posted by AVIWALES | 10 months ago

I asking for my refund . I have left you now so I would like the money that belongs to me thank you . Avril Wales  .

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Hi Avril, sorry we cannot action refunds. You must ask SP on line or by phone.