Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Sarahlily | 10 months ago
Re: Refusal to replace Comfort Plus white meter
I have been requesting Scottish power to change my meter from the 3reading meter to economy 7 meter it seems customer service don't know the facts about this and that something came into force in 2016 that forces them to change these meters there can be a charge of £50 for doing this I am having my meter changed on 27th of this month and no mention of charge this has been an on going fight for me but I refused to give up hope this helps
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 10 months ago

@Sarahlily   Well done, a lot of other people have also managed to get SP to install Economy 7. You might need to put timer switches on your storage heaters, they don’t cost much and an electrician could help. It depends on what sort of wiring you have in the home. 

Highlighted

posted by DeeBee | 10 months ago
Had same problems re changing meters but after escalating complaint eventually had E7 meter installed (only one cancelled appointment !). However, after 1 month, still can't input meter readings, get quote for new contract etc. On phoning (usual 30 minute or so wait) was told there is "something wrong with the system" ( I now reckon that means something wrong with Scottish Power !) As happened over getting meter changed, I have had to escalate to a complaint -- and, of course, that means waiting 4 days for some one to phone within a 2 hour time slot ( luckily retired people don't have a life and can just sit around waiting for calls !). Last time this happened I didn't get a call at the correct time but was luckily in when someone did call. I await this Friday with anticipation !
Highlighted

@DeeBee   I know, I'm a pensioner waiting for things to happen , but it is a life I enjoy.. Can you read two readings from your E7 meter?  If so the problem is at SP's end they have not set you up with an E7 tariff, which would not surprise me.  

You need to say simply and clearly (because they are slow to catch on ) I am a new E7 customer can you make sure I have an E7 tariff.   Good Luck.

Highlighted

posted by DeeBee | 10 months ago
The call centre staff know I am a new E7 customer. As far as I can see they have cancelled my previous contract ( and in fact refunded my credit balance -- one thing they have done correctly !), but have failed to start the new contract my page on website, still shows 2 meters and the new E7 meter does not have the installation readings entered making it impossible to send my new readings. ( The "old" meter is shown with the reading at the time it was removed, which suggests the installer did send in the readings).

I have said this before but it is worth repeating: some companies monitor these message boards and respond ; does SP actually read them or are they just feart to respond.
Highlighted

@DeeBee  SP do not routinely monitor the Community it is supposed to be for customers to self help, but this is not made clear on the website.   For personal account problems you are supposed to use Chat or phonecalls to customer services.

Customer services answer the phone quickly first thing in the morning after 8am.

Highlighted

posted by nightstore | 9 months ago

I have been able to organise SP to change me from a 3 rate meter to a 2 rate . My first appointment was cancelled, but since I am rearranging my heating, I had an electrician disconnect my night heating in readiness. Had to have this reconnected. After 5 phone calls, (SP directed  me to contact the contractor direct. They sent me back to SP. SP then directed me to the emergency group. They sent me back to SP, now my 3rd call to them )  Got my second appointment with a promise that a note would be added to my case to give preference not to cancel...... Cancelled yet again.  After reading this community why am I not suprised. This has been going on a while so I contacted OFGEM . suprise... they didnt respond either. 

Highlighted

posted by Sarahlily | 9 months ago

After 2years. Of fighting Scottish power to change comfort plus meter I have an appointment for 27th February 2020 for meter to be changed to E7 standard meter hope they start listening to customers

Highlighted

posted by Lenka | 9 months ago

The amount of lies this company gets away with is sickening. The way they treat a long term customer is disgusting. They DID remove my prepayment Comfort plus white meter no problem less then a month ago, when I asked for a cheaper deal. They said no problem. Now i'm on 3 rates with 2 credit meters. It's much more expensive and I was told I cannot pick any tariff other than standard. When after many lies and  empty promisses I WAS TOLD THEY WILL NOT PUT ME BACK ON THE PREPAYMENT COMFORT PLUS WHITE METER AS THEY DON'T SUPPLY them any more!! I simply was lied from the beginning. Instead of being informed that i cannot have anything cheaper, they tricked me into paying more and failed to help me afterwards. I even got an engineer appointment promised. I called them 3 days later, to reassure myself that an engineer will actually turn up, just to be told there is no appointment on their system ! Normal person would not get away with that amount of lies. I genuinely feel that this is criminal activity. I recomend you keep your comfort plus white meter as it could be MUCH worse Smiley Surprised(

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

@Lenka   Sorry to hear all that, you have been switched from prepayment Comfort Plus to credit Comfort Plus, although I thought you wanted Economy 7. Some mis communication there.  If you think you are paying more check the p/ kWh on your new system compared to the old. Usually credit accounts are cheaper than PAYG accounts.